2013 GT500 Super Snake

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
So Shelby has posted the super snake info on there site. Such a ripoff. $29,000 to maintain stock horse power. Then to top it off $40,000 for 850hp. We can do all the mods for less then they are asking. Have they falling and cracked there heads. IMO this is a total ripoff. I'd say the know how to take advantage of there customers. I hope it comes with a bottle Vaseline with life time refills.

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Its a lot for sure but I'm sure if you did some of the math its not that crazy since you get a upgraded blower, body parts,painted, wheels, suspension,brakes,interior etc. and all installed with some sort of warranty I'm sure...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
Wow, I always loved the look and power of Super Snakes, but would never buy one just because you could do it yourself for way cheaper. Now these packages are just a joke, the only thing that looks semi interesting is the wide body conversion kit.

I don't think the man himself if he was alive today would approve a 30k package with out any performance upgrades. There should be a 750hp 28k package and the 850hp one.. What a bunch of cheap skates.. Seeing that made me angry and I'm not even potential customer..

Oh I almost forgot about the wheels, those have got to be the ugliest, ricerest, just downright weird looking wheels I've ever seen on a Shelby. You couldn't pay me to put those on my car.. To each there own I guess, but I'm assuming the 2013 Super Snake isn't going to sell that well.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Its a lot for sure but I'm sure if you did some of the math its not that crazy since you get a upgraded blower, body parts,painted, wheels, suspension,brakes,interior etc. and all installed with some sort of warranty I'm sure...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You really don't get that much. Upgraded hood, a new splitter, and rear Scoops for body parts. The radiator and heater exchanger is a nice piece but not worth the money. Had it on my other Shelby and it didn't do much at all other then look good. Still had heat soak problems. The suspension you only get springs for those of us who already have the track pack plus a few other things. As far as the interior they just rewrap the seats and some gauges. If you look at the pics of the seats. They did a crappy job wrapping them. Then to top it off they want an additional $11,000-$12,000 to do a blower swap:nono:. I don't know about you but I can do pretty much all those mods and still stay under the $30,000 they want and that would include a blower swap. Plus I dont think you get a warranty and if you do it's through Shelby and not your dealer. Everything that they are offering you can buy on there site except the wheels which IMO are gross. $29,000 for not very much and $40,000 to get what??? A blower... REALLY!!!!:bash:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
The GT350 program is the same way--a lot of money for a little in return----but you get in the registry !!!

wnt2gofst

Banned
The GT350 program is the same way--a lot of money for a little in return----but you get in the registry !!!

Seen two gt350 in person and both looked like shit. Body panels had huge gaps, poor fitment. Looked like a low budget import body kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

shelbysvt

Established Member
The only supersnake conversion really worth it was for 07-09s. Those they truly redid everything and everything was an upgrade.

At this price this package can be done for less than 10k. They are asking us essentially to triple their money with each and every conversion.

Now at this point some of these modifications are downgrades and not even upgrades. This is just greed plain and simple. But you can bet some idiots will pay this much for it. They keep offering less but charging the same each model year.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
The only supersnake conversion really worth it was for 07-09s. Those they truly redid everything and everything was an upgrade.

At this price this package can be done for less than 10k. They are asking us essentially to triple their money with each and every conversion.

Now at this point some of these modifications are downgrades and not even upgrades. This is just greed plain and simple. But you can bet some idiots will pay this much for it. They keep offering less but charging the same each model year.

Show me how to do all the modifications for under 10k. I just added up everything on Shelby's website, and it came to over 18k, not counting labor.
The brakes alone are 4300. The hood would be just under 3k by the time you have it painted and installed. 3.5k for the wheels and tires (estimate). 2k for suspension. 2k for interior. 2k for the engine dress up. $800 for the front splitter. 1k for the exhaust.

Not trying to be a dick, but I am planning on doing most of this myself. If you have a cheaper way of doing it, I'd love to know it. I was going to send it to Shelby if the lower tier price was closer to 20k.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No they keep all the take off parts... then turn around when they have a bunch of take off parts and sell them to the public and make even more money off of us....

You can get the stock parts, you just have to take care of shipping.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Show me how to do all the modifications for under 10k. I just added up everything on Shelby's website, and it came to over 18k, not counting labor.
The brakes alone are 4300. The hood would be just under 3k by the time you have it painted and installed. 3.5k for the wheels and tires (estimate). 2k for suspension. 2k for interior. 2k for the engine dress up. $800 for the front splitter. 1k for the exhaust.

Not trying to be a dick, but I am planning on doing most of this myself. If you have a cheaper way of doing it, I'd love to know it. I was going to send it to Shelby if the lower tier price was closer to 20k.

The brakes are a downgrade except the rear but if you want to do that then fine. As far as 3k for the hood I wonder who you are using. When I looked into it my shop quoted me around 400 dollars for paint and install and the hood is 1800 with scoops. Where did you get 2k for the suspension. They only give you springs. The brake ducts are each 150. Engine dress up isn't 2k? You can get shelby knobs for 50 bucks each they use 4 so 200 dollars. The tanks are 550. Thats it as far as the engine. And 1k for an ugly exhaust. Heat exchanger and radiator which are downgrades add up to around 1500 I believe? Or if you want we can add the price of the eibach coil overs which is 1k.

Keep in mind the interior upgrade and the coilovers are NOT standard package they are extra.

So when you add all these up its around 10k give or take 2k.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
You can get the stock parts, you just have to take care of shipping.

They do not keep your old parts, my buddy super snake'd his 2007 and shipped his car to Shebly. He drove out with his trailer and brought it and all his parts back to Fl. The reason I know is I purchased some of his take off parts.

Vigilante375

Established Member
Meh, sounds like usual Mustang stuff. A whole bunch of $$$ for cosmetic crap then way more $$$$ for a couple of performance "upgrades" on top of the cosmetic stuff. It sucks to see this happening and I'm sure poor old Carroll Shelby is turning over in his grave. Since the people that are taking over his trademark name is just doing it so they can make a profit and not for the people like he did his whole life.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member

As far as the suspension if you have the track pack which most of us do. You only get springs which are $203 through summit shipped and maybe $200 to put them in. Either way Shelby is outta its mind. The rims are hideous so that saves another $3500. I think the rims and tires are more then that but not sure. It also shouldn't cost $1500 to paint the hood. $500-$700 to paint it. I also think that a handful of people here can do most of the installs them selves.

Users who are viewing this thread