2013 GT500 Recaro Seats

impactblue

Established Member
I would take the base seats. The Recaro seats are nice but practical? No power (doesmt bother me) but sometimes there comfortable ass hell and another day ill get in the car and wonder what is digging into my leg. My seats are bipolar :p. But im 6 foot tall and fat. Seats will fit you different

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
People need to stop bringing back such old threads that have run their course.

I was able to order the Recaro seats with my GT500, and I love them. Would never do the base seats.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
you can trade maybe easy just use the search thread function at the tool bar across the top you might get lucky :) good luck (My wife dropped some pounds cause the Recaro's felt tight she be hot now lol

Ispeed

Established Member
I just got my 2014 Shelby but I don't like the regular seats. Obviously they are brand new and they have red stripes. Anybody interested in trading them with Recaro's that have red stripes. If anybody is interested or know someone who wants to trade please let me know. Thank you!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
There have been a few posts on this topic. I have the base seats and have no desire to have Recaros.

However, I would be curious what is involved in regards to the stock seats and wiring for the power driver's seat (the plug is probably there) but even more curious how the heated seats are handled in regards to the center stack and buttons.

Tom

mikejaeggi

Established Member
the recaros are freaking awesome! you DO want them.
agreed. I could have bought the exact car I have minus recarros several months before I got mine but decided to order a new allocation with them and wait several months so I could have them. they are awesome.

phil123

Established Member
agreed. I could have bought the exact car I have minus recarros several months before I got mine but decided to order a new allocation with them and wait several months so I could have them. they are awesome.

I guess everybody fits into a seat differently but to both my wife and I they are a mandatory option just so comfortable.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Here's a good question, what happens in the case of an airbag deployment? Like most seat mounted airbags, the seam will split upon deployment and basically ruin the seat, considering it seems like such a pain to get replacements do they just replace the airbag module and stitch the seat up or is a replacement the only way to go? I know some of you might say if the seat airbags go off, chances are the car was in a situation where it got totally screwed anyways.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
...what happens in the case of an airbag deployment? Like most seat mounted airbags, the seam will split upon deployment and basically ruin the seat, considering it seems like such a pain to get replacements do they just replace the airbag module and stitch the seat up or is a replacement the only way to go?

Operative word being they. Who is they? They is you. The decision is yours as technically, Recaro does not want you to attempt to repair the seat post-airbag deployment. A dealer or upholstery shop shouldn't be attempting to repair these after an accident that set off the side air bags. That is not to say that it could not be done, physically.

IMG_1166_zps0ccee125.jpg

Depending on how bad the damage is, sure, you may be able to stitch everything back up. Again, it is not what the manufacturer wants you to do. Which of course brings attorneys, etc, into the mix should there be an event incurring liability if there is an injury...

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The proper repair is to replace the seat skin itself. Yes you can stitch up the old skin, but you're stitching up a section of the seat that is supposed to burst in a very particular way during a deployment. The material used, type of stitch, and several other seemingly trivial things need to be considered. Reusing the old skin compromises its integrity and could lead to failure.

swedensky

Established Member
I guess it's expensive but why wouldn't you just buy the ford racing seats and one of the many sets of recaro skins on eBay? They have red stripes, white stripes, black seats, etc. I can't seem to find factory covers except for recaros!

Sdsaathoff

Established Member
Mustang recaro in Parts & Accessories | eBay

Here. Click that link. You can buy new or used Boss 302 recaros from eBay at $2,000-$3,000 each. If you want the Shelby seat covers, buy them used as well. I purchased three sets of black on black for the 14's, but then I traded my black stripe car for a white stripe car, so now I need to purchase some with white stripes.

I was told by my dealer that recaro replacement leather for the 14 with the alcantara and stitching is come thing like 6500 list! The 12 and earlier years do now have the alcantara bolsters on the side. You can buy a set of front and back on eBay for $950 with shipping. If you decide that you buy the Boss seats on eBay and want a set of the black on black with alcantara, pm me and I will ship you one of my sets for $950. If you buy a used set of seats for $2,000, you would be in it a total of $3k.

Users who are viewing this thread