2013 GT500 Recaro Seats

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been looking online, but haven't found a definite answer.

Does anyone know if perhaps a dealer could order as a service part, the Recaro seats after the fact?

I might have found myself a good deal on a 2013 GT500, has the options I want except for the Recaro seats. I really wanted the Recaro seats, so I was wondering if those could be ordered and installed. I know it will most likely be expensive, but if it means I can actually get my hands on a GT500 and then add the seats later, that's fine by me.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I have heard no, that the dealer cant order it. Now I could be wrong, but you can find a good dealer who maybe has connections? you can order recaros from FRPP but they are pricey and say ford racing on them. Honestly I would get the car, you might be able to swap with someone plus cash who decides they dont like the recaros? just a thought

VaporDude

Established Member
I agree with devious....call your local Ford body shop and see if they can get you a set and what the cost of them are.

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
I have the base seats and they are quite nice. Power adjustments and actually they hold you in pretty well.

It is easier to find aftermarket racing seats when needed than it is to find out the Recaros are not comfortable and you want some stock seats.

Scott

rwboring

Established Member
I have the base seats and they are quite nice. Power adjustments and actually they hold you in pretty well.

It is easier to find aftermarket racing seats when needed than it is to find out the Recaros are not comfortable and you want some stock seats.

Scott

ehhh... the one I ordered had standard seats and when I picked up one with the Recaros I had several people tell me I would regret it but I've went on several road trips so far and its been fine and if you are the only person driving it then power doesn't really matter. <- that was one hell of a run-on sentence

However if you want the car and its either get it now or wait 3 months I would just get standard seats, it's not life or death. Personally I would be more upset if it didn't have Nav.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
My friend works at a ford dealer in the business parts section, and their parts department is a hub for North Houston parts. I asked him the same question. He has been looking, but everything he has found, shows you have to order each part of the seat seperately (top of the seat, bottom, hinges, etc) and it's a nightmare and costs more then the FRPP seats.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks for the responses so far guys.

Does anyone have any good shots of the base seats? A quick Google search landed me 1 decent picture of the base seats. Most show the Recaros.

jonesd

Established Member
Thanks for the responses so far guys.

Does anyone have any good shots of the base seats? A quick Google search landed me 1 decent picture of the base seats. Most show the Recaros.

Google 2011 gt500 seats or interior. If i remember correctly, 2011 didnt offer recaros but the base seats are the same from 2011-2013.

Someone correct me if im wrong...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
well even the base seats now have alcantara suede on the side bolsters, it isnt just entirely leather...zr1gerhardt thread had a nice shot of the seats

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i can't speak for the gt500's recaros, but in my cts-v, you'd have to be retarded not to go with them.

reason4treason

Established Member
i can't speak for the gt500's recaros, but in my cts-v, you'd have to be retarded not to go with them.

I'm thinking about adding the Recaros to my order.

the base seats look fine and their squarish shape blends better aesthetically with the shape of the backseat than the rounded upper 1/3 of the Recaros IMO. but, I'm wondering if that separate headrest on the base front seats for someone 5'10" is going to have to be left raised to the point where there's always a gap above the top of the seat. that looks worse than the rounded/squarish clash.

topless10th

Established Member
i sat in both. both are nice, but the base seat feels exactly like the seat in my f-350, comfortable but loose laterally. the recaro is lumbar supportive, comfortable and allows minimal lateral movement.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like it worked out for me. I was able to add the Recaros to the order in question, and the change took. I'm good to go!

acroholic

Established Member
You could also try to find a wrecked 2013 that is being parted out and get the seats that way. Not sure how many totaled 2013 GT500s there are out there?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Just so everyone knows, you cannot order production Recaros (or any other production seat) from Ford complete. They're only sold in pieces. To order all the pieces to build one would cost you about $2k-$3K per seat at least.

Users who are viewing this thread