2013 gt500 picken on a old snake

thebestdj07

Established Member
Lined up with my 99 cobra. First time i was on my et streets for the year. Went from a 20mph roll mine squated n jumped a bit and pulled a car on him. Second time was a dig, 1500 dump n had him a car outa hole held him off through mid 4th.

Over all we were both shocked :)

link to vid in #12

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Must have not been a 2012 atleast.. i ran a 2012 gt500 in my terminator and got destroyed lol :bowdown:
Must've not been stock. A stock 2012 GT500 is as fast or sligthly faster than a P.I.E Cobra. Not a blowout at all.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
If it's a '13 then it needs the driver mod drastically. Granted you would have the advantage on the initial hit, but he should have gained that back fairly quickly. Did it have the empty space in the grille and the quad exhaust tips? Sounds more like the results of a stock '10-'12 gt500. your numbers would put in a close match with the stock '11-'12 gt500's would be. With the gearing you have and et streets you would probably have the advantage with the slow-rolls/dig runs. Title should have said "trying to pick on an old snake.." because he obviously failed.. Nice kill regardless...

thebestdj07

Established Member
Haha no fellas it was a 13. Guy works for ford and brought it down for our cruize. He was launchen at 3200 said it was. the sweet spot. for not spinning.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It looks like you jumped by a lot with him steadily real-ling you in. You definitely pulled more than a car on him at the start.

I also think you guys shut down sooner than you mentioned. What is mid 4th for you?

thebestdj07

Established Member
It looks like you jumped by a lot with him steadily real-ling you in. You definitely pulled more than a car on him at the start.

I also think you guys shut down sooner than you mentioned. What is mid 4th for you?

reaction time haha green means go. but prob close to 100 if not a lil over. i usualy dont look at my gauges at that point. haha. i got 4:10's

no dout if one had sticky tires and someone that could drive like a pro it would take me. i was kinda just amazed with that much power it didnt walk away from me more then it would have if we kept going.

i hit the traps top of 4th so he woulda had me in that race by maybe half to full car.

either way it was fun :)

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
The GT500 was all over the road at the beginning. I would think he let off and got back in it to keep it straight. No matter, you won these races. Thats all that matters. All the power is useless unless it can be put down.

thebestdj07

Established Member
i agree. my 325/50/15 et's were spinnen that night though also. not quite as bad as his but still for being a awesome tire i was kinda not impressed with them. was running on 15psi and they would still screech though second.

jas11151990

Established Member

wayyyy sooner...he probably was just shifting out of second if that. 1st gear is very tall. A kill is a kill though lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread