2013 GT500 Knock Retard

railroad

Established Member
I would ask Lund about running oxygenated fuel. I know a lot of people run it, but it does not really mix with pump. I think you will be running two fuels in the tank. Which one gets feed in at 6800 rpm might not be the better of the two. I run Sunoco in Shelby and VP in my Cobra and the specific gravity of neither matches pump gas. Of course, if you are running straight canned gas, everything is right.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

2013BlackGT500

Yeah its definitely positive so its pulling ignition timing out between 1 and 2 degrees at wot. Im going to try some of your guys suggestions for sure and report back how it works out, and hopefully get it resolved instead of the "bad gas" answer i keep getting.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
13-14 cars are sensitive to timing from what I've been told. That doesn't sound too surprising.

03terminat0r

Established Member
Yeah its definitely positive so its pulling ignition timing out between 1 and 2 degrees at wot. Im going to try some of your guys suggestions for sure and report back how it works out, and hopefully get it resolved instead of the "bad gas" answer i keep getting.

Any solution to your knock?

Robot_trainer

Established Member
I've heard even a rough road can trigger a false knock. Remember that knock sensor is merely a microphone tuned to read a certain frequency (engine knock has a definite frequency). Its a dumb device. If something sees that frequency, the PCM is going to get signal. It doesn't know where it came from. If its pulling 3 or 4 degrees you probably have a problem. And yes the gas is crap. Id use a good octane boost like Torco or Boostane no matter what. You really never know what you are getting at the service station. Too much money to gamble with. I'd also drop one heat range on the plugs (like a TRi7x) and use a colder thermostat.

Users who are viewing this thread