2013 GT500 injector question's

brandonflood123

Established Member
so im on tousley right now, looking at buying some 13 injectors, my questions are. with the 13 injectors and a BAP will the injectors be good enough for say 700-740 rwhp? ive done my research to what i can. i just want a little more input before i go ahead and purchase the injectors. car is stock right now, but i have a 2.9l whipple with 3" pully, jlt 127 CAI, kooks long tubes and frpp twin 65.

any feed back is apprciated! thanks

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You can do it, but I'd suspect you'll be close to 100% duty cycle. I'd shoot for more headroom. I have a set of ID 725s for sale in the classifieds.

brandonflood123

Established Member
You can do it, but I'd suspect you'll be close to 100% duty cycle. I'd shoot for more headroom. I have a set of ID 725s for sale in the classifieds.
i know and i dearly want them lol. just money is a little tight. they will be gone before i could pick them up

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I heard Ford more than doubled the price on the '13s. Is that true?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I would say 700 to about 720 or so your fine. 740 and up is uncharted territory for my knowledge. I have no ideal about that.

fullboogie

Established Member
You'd have to install and datalog. On my car with a TVS, '13 injectors, and a BAP, my duty cycles are in the mid 90's - no way would this setup support your HP target. On the next car, it might. I'm with a previous post, go big on the injectors now.

enormous

Established Member
Odd, I got my 13/14 GT500 injectors 5 weeks ago from Tasca for $169 for all eight. My 08 with Trinty TVS, IW10%, 2.4" pulley, 127 JLT, 66mm L&M TB, Stainless Works LT, 56# injectors, KB BAP was calibrated on 94 Octane last week by Lidio/Aternative Performance MI. and spun 737 HP and 730 TQ on his DynoJet. Lidio said I was fine on fuel.

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
Odd, I got my 13/14 GT500 injectors 5 weeks ago from Tasca for $169 for all eight. My 08 with Trinty TVS, IW10%, 2.4" pulley, 127 JLT, 66mm L&M TB, Stainless Works LT, 56# injectors, KB BAP was calibrated on 94 Octane last week by Lidio/Aternative Performance MI. and spun 737 HP and 730 TQ on his DynoJet. Lidio said I was fine on fuel.
thats good to hear thats the kinda area i wanna be around more is always better tho

You'd have to install and datalog. On my car with a TVS, '13 injectors, and a BAP, my duty cycles are in the mid 90's - no way would this setup support your HP target. On the next car, it might. I'm with a previous post, go big on the injectors now.
i know i probly should go with 72lbs but idk, i guess i was trying to budget and squeeze the most out that i could, what size injector would you recomend?

enormous

Established Member
I suggest that you purchase the best injector that your budget can afford. My tuner Lidio said the Ford #56 injectors were easy to tune for and my entire drivability is 100% without any issue after putting on many miles after the dyno.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member

The price went up May 1st.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
No sense getting to small of an injector to save a few hundred, might as well go 72lb as they're just as easy to tune with stock drive ability. Lethal has been selling the kit that way for years, data log and if needed add a bap.

fullboogie

Established Member
Because Ford found out there's an aftermarket demand for them.

OP - before you buy injectors, talk to your tuner to find out what he wants to tune with. Don't find out the hard way that your tuner doesn't like to tune for XYZ injector.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Because Ford found out there's an aftermarket demand for them.

OP - before you buy injectors, talk to your tuner to find out what he wants to tune with. Don't find out the hard way that your tuner doesn't like to tune for XYZ injector.

Are they about I jack up the prices of the 13-14 tvs's then. This was part of the reason I went with 13 injectors is they were so cheap

brandonflood123

Established Member
after speaking with a few people i think im going to go with 72s now maybe i can find some used ones from sombody on here lol

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Your setup is fairly similar to mine, on 16lbs my car makes between 680-700 with safe a/f and timing. Im on stock injectors and BAP, my stock injectors are close to 90% duty cycle. Not sure how much boost you plan on running but I would guess 18lbs would be safe with BAP and '13 Injectors. What octane fuel do you plan on running?

Users who are viewing this thread