2013 gt500 goes 217.3 mph at the texas mile!!!

Derek5774

Established Member
Great run Derek!!!!

Bolt a 4.2 or a 4.7 on it and the speed will go up. What pulley combo were you using with the 3.6? I'd imagine that you are spinning the 3.6 close to or over max RPMs and this is eating some Hp. The larger displacement SCs will free up Hp at the same boost level, but also give you the opportunity to add boost for more Hp too

Can you explain the reason for pulling off in second gear? Less chance of blowing the tires away in first?

I was told that I am not spinning the blower to its Max RPM, so I guess there is room for a 15% lower
Pulley setup was a 10% lower and 3.25 upper which made 22 psi for the first 4 runs,
when we got the IAT's under control, I put the 3in upper for about 24 psi and made the last run at 217 full timing all the way down the track, IAT's real happy
so at this point, you have to ask yourself, Is a bigger blower better??

with all the torque, first gear is not needed, 2nd can accelerate just as fast, we learned that from the data logs
a soft launch is more effective for the mile, and skipping a shift is an advantage
plus blowing the tires off then release throttle and stabbing the gas pedal can rock the timing chains hard enough to break something
so I was trying to avoid that costly mistake

I know it sounds like the car is bogging, and maybe it is, but it was a smooth start with no spinning which is perfect for a standing mile run

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Congrats on the run and Kinetik Motorsport FTW! Josh and Mitch are top notch.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for the props Derek! Happy to be a member of the team that brought all of this together!

For those wondering...........we were talking about March 2015 before we even left Beeville.

I could not think of a better friend and customer to take out my 220.8 MPH Record than Derek.

Great driving my man. Listening and application are the keys to success. You followed the directive and success is the result!

I'm so friggin' proud of this guy it's not funny.

qachargh

Established Member
It was crazy how un-eventful the run looked. I'm just glad you didn't break anything so now I can get my car to Mitch and Josh to get some parts thrown at it.

I think Van needs to go ahead and stop letting these whippersnappers hog the limelight. Maybe the master returns next year and starts handing out free lessons in speed? I should be there to see it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Those tires must have beaucoup bite. Doesn't seem to be much wheel spin at all. Congrats again, man. Good job!

Derek5774

Established Member
I might be forgetting some small items but the main components are bigger H/E and trunk mounted I/C tank.

The Kinetik cooling package does include a trunk mounted ice tank and pump, but they way the route the lines is the most efficient I have ever seen, there is a little more to it than that
I never had a really close look, so only kinetik can answer that or just send them your car
it's worth it

Bad Company

Established Member
I was told that I am not spinning the blower to its Max RPM, so I guess there is room for a 15% lower
Pulley setup was a 10% lower and 3.25 upper which made 22 psi for the first 4 runs,
when we got the IAT's under control, I put the 3in upper for about 24 psi and made the last run at 217 full timing all the way down the track, IAT's real happy
so at this point, you have to ask yourself, Is a bigger blower better??

with all the torque, first gear is not needed, 2nd can accelerate just as fast, we learned that from the data logs
a soft launch is more effective for the mile, and skipping a shift is an advantage
plus blowing the tires off then release throttle and stabbing the gas pedal can rock the timing chains hard enough to break something
so I was trying to avoid that costly mistake

I know it sounds like the car is bogging, and maybe it is, but it was a smooth start with no spinning which is perfect for a standing mile run
Unless ATI has the diameter of the 10% OD lower listed incorrectly, you're at the limit of the KB SC speed at 7000RPM engine RPM with your last pulley combo according to KB's website. Now given the fact you aren't turning the 7000 RPM in the 5th gear. You could short shift it in the lower gears and stay under the blower max RPM limit and be able to twist it harder in 5th gear at the end where it counts.

Innovators West shows the 10% OD as 7.95" in diameter, where as ATI lists it as 7.81". Somewhere somebody has the diameter listed wrong for the 10% lower, yet both have almost identical diameters for the 15%, 8.12" (ATI) versus 8.13"(IW). But both 10% lowers are twisting the SC above 18,000 at 7000 engine RPM. I don't know how much abuse these SC can take and you may be able to twist it to 22,000 RPM and without a failure. It creates more heat, but you have the cooling system to handle it from what your saying. Van would know how far you can push the SC and tell you whether its going too far or not, I'm sure. Is a bigger blower better? A good question. Time will tell at the next event. If you can control IAT2 at the big end with the smaller blower and not worry about a structure failure of the gear drive assembly, bearings and bearing plates........I say go for it.

I thought that was the reason for the second gear launch. I figured this allows you to get to a higher road speed with a lot less drama in a shorter period of time and ground covered versus using 1st and having to shift to second. This would give you a better opportunity to reach top speed at the mile.

In the video.........you made it look very easy to do.......FANTASTIC JOB!!!!! I enjoyed watching, Thank You for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread