2013 GT500 Cranks, but no start

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Established Member
I haddn't driven it in a while. Tried to start it (it turned over a few times) and it didn't start. Turns out bad battery. With the new battery however it turns over, and trys to start, but doesn't start. (have battery on trickle) I can hear the fuel pump when the key turns, and it smelled like E85 in the garage...so I swapped out the spark plugs thinking that was the problem. NGK-TR7iX gapped .28 and it still just turns over and sounds like it trys to catch torwards the end..but doesn't start.

All fuses in the engine bay look fine. I'm baffled...as I drove it in the garage and parked it a few weeks ago like nothing was wrong.

The E85 Tune however hasn't had a spot on start up tune ever though. It's always took a few extra seconds to catch, then sound like it was dying, then flare back up.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

gt5008

Established Member
I haddn't driven it in a while. Tried to start it (it turned over a few times) and it didn't start. Turns out bad battery. With the new battery however it turns over, and trys to start, but doesn't start. (have battery on trickle) I can hear the fuel pump when the key turns, and it smelled like E85 in the garage...so I swapped out the spark plugs thinking that was the problem. NGK-TR7iX gapped .28 and it still just turns over and sounds like it trys to catch torwards the end..but doesn't start.

All fuses in the engine bay look fine. I'm baffled...as I drove it in the garage and parked it a few weeks ago like nothing was wrong.

The E85 Tune however hasn't had a spot on start up tune ever though. It's always took a few extra seconds to catch, then sound like it was dying, then flare back up.

Any ideas?
Where you located the temperature has a lot to do with it it will start. If the temperature outside is below 60 the harder it will be to start. I have a 2013 on e85 and I don't even try to start below 50 degrees.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Cold start circuits may require some enrichment, especially with E85. The cooler the ambient temps, the worse it will be. Might contact your tuner and see what he can do. Ifyou have a heated garage, might try bringing to temp up and give it another shot.

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Established Member
Ah, so just the tune huh? It was having problems starting before, but now with the temperature around 50ish degrees all it does is turn over.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Alcohol doesn't like cold, have your tuner adjust the cold start enrichment.

chas8180

Established Member
Agree its in your tune, I left mine outside last night and did a cold start this morning after a 22 degree night and it fired up within a second or so at the most.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
E85 can be hard on the pumps too. If it's been a few years on corn, Fore told my friend that the pumps may need replacement every 2-3 years!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread