2013 cyl 8 a problem?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Well, let's see. Drive the piss out of a high compression na motor regardless of the manufacture and let's see how long is lasts...

Griever423

Established Member
Well, let's see. Drive the piss out of a high compression na motor regardless of the manufacture and let's see how long is lasts...

I don't buy that. Ford "drove the piss" out of the coyote engine before the car even was out when they were stress testing it. They ran it harder than most of us will so I don't really buy that statement. Not on a stock engine. Now if you were referring to the guy above talking about a blower then please diregard.

thebreather

Established Member
I guess the Search button doesn't work anymore....

i did do a search and nothing came up on a difference in a 2013....

anyway,i really like the fourm and just bought a 2013 so prob be here a while.

i know most reccomend using a good tuner.so whos tunes are safe? this is my only concern at the moment.not looking for whos is the best or produces most power.

ATFPat

Established Member
I like the search comments. :shrug:

Maybe if this section was a little bit more organized it would be easier to navigate through.

kingnut

Established Member

This statement couldnt be further from the truth. There a guys out there with rsx's pushing 150000+ miles on k20 11.1 compression motors that have beat the absolute shit out of them for 80% of that time. Same motor stock 200hp has been boosted to over 600WHP and lasted over 50000+ miles with all stock internals. All the while revving to 8000 rpms.

Do the math... that car dyno's at 160WHP and safely puts down 600WHP with stock internals... almost 400% increase. I think we can agree, your statement is invalid.

atistang

Established Member
I like the search comments. :shrug:

Maybe if this section was a little bit more organized it would be easier to navigate through.

typical forum member behavior

funny part is if everyone actually spent 2 hours using the search feature to find what they wanted then the next complaint from all the regular members would be "this place is slow" or "ghost town"

then if you find an old thread and reply to something someone said in it your a "grave digger"

for me if its not stickied and not on the first 2-3 pages then i'm making a thread

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
This statement couldnt be further from the truth. There a guys out there with rsx's pushing 150000+ miles on k20 11.1 compression motors that have beat the absolute shit out of them for 80% of that time. Same motor stock 200hp has been boosted to over 600WHP and lasted over 50000+ miles with all stock internals. All the while revving to 8000 rpms.

Do the math... that car dyno's at 160WHP and safely puts down 600WHP with stock internals... almost 400% increase. I think we can agree, your statement is invalid.

nobody is talking about a k20 11.1 motor?...

i think we can agree, that you lack common sense.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I don't buy that. Ford "drove the piss" out of the coyote engine before the car even was out when they were stress testing it. They ran it harder than most of us will so I don't really buy that statement. Not on a stock engine. Now if you were referring to the guy above talking about a blower then please diregard.

so your suppose to be able to drive the snot out of the car 24/7? tuned or not, doesn't matter?

LOL - and then you want to claim warranty issues? its a ticking time bomb, on any motor if you beat this shit out of it.

squeak93

Established Member
Safe tune with good power. Go procal. More power but roll the dice? Aed. Lund. Steeda etc.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
FWIW I agree with MMR's assessment. At the least it can't hurt.

I think it's pretty lousy painting them off as a commercial in the thread when what they're saying, showing and proving is pretty sound.

87hatchy

Established Member
Safe tune with good power. Go procal. More power but roll the dice? Aed. Lund. Steeda etc.

I disagree about rolling the dice with Steeda. I don't believe they have ever had a single person with their tune that had an engine problem...

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
FWIW I agree with MMR's assessment. At the least it can't hurt.

I think it's pretty lousy painting them off as a commercial in the thread when what they're saying, showing and proving is pretty sound.

i'm sure it would help, and your right it can't hurt. but i don't think thats the cause of the problem.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I agree with this statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm amazed in other peoples ignorance. buy a performance car, BLOW up the motor cause you tampered with it, bitch and moan about why the dealer won't fix it...lolz. Now if its "truely" stock, well thats another issue.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
i'm sure it would help, and your right it can't hurt. but i don't think thats the cause of the problem.

I agree. The #7 and #8 pistons would go lean on LS1's. People would take different measures to make sure it didn't happen. Each engine is different. Find out what works, take all precautions if you can afford it. :shrug:

kingnut

Established Member

nobody is talking about a k20 11.1 motor?...

i think we can agree, that you lack common sense.

this isnt my first time dealing with someone with a learning disability. read what you typed originally... read my response... read your response... then remove your foot from your mouth and return the flow of oxygen back to your brain.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
this isnt my first time dealing with someone with a learning disability. read what you typed originally... read my response... read your response... then remove your foot from your mouth and return the flow of oxygen back to your brain.

so, once again I fail to see anything posted about a honda.:shrug:

and the motors you are talking about, are failing as well. use whats left of your brain.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i'm amazed in other peoples ignorance. buy a performance car, BLOW up the motor cause you tampered with it, bitch and moan about why the dealer won't fix it...lolz. Now if its "truely" stock, well thats another issue.
says the guy that bought the diablo intune based on the fact that is supposedly untraceable... juuuuussst sayin...

Users who are viewing this thread