2013 coyote nitrous setup.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
I'm looking into a nitrous setup for my 13 coyote. I was leaning towards adding a nitrous express plate kit. I'll be running longtubes with axle back, E85 and CAI on stock manifold when I do the kit so I was wondering if any of you nitrous guys had any advice for a safe setup.

5lho

Established Member
keep it to 100 and use a reputable tuner. I have the same kit you plan to use. I haven't run it at the strip yet but, I feel pretty confident there won't be an issue. Use a window switch if you are a stick car. Hitting the limiter with any shot is no bueno.

accessories that are must haves are a pressure gauge, a bottle heater and the above mentioned window switch if you are on manual.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm in a stock car so I'm definately going with the window switch. The max shot I'm gonna do is a 100 shot. I don't need too much. I am tuned by Lund now but may be switching to AED in the future. With all the people that are tuning cars for Lund now some of the stuff is getting iffy. I've heard Shaun is really good with this platform. Would you guys recommend changing spark plugs when I do the install? It won't be happening few months so I thought I would get all the info I could before I start ordering things. It's my first time messing with spray besides having a few friends on it so I figured I would ask for help.

5lho

Established Member
Yes, I'd strongly recommend NGK 6510 (LTR71X-11) gapped at .032 for 100. Nitrous tunes ain't everyone's bag. It's pretty easy compared to tuning for FI but, you still need to know what you are doing. Ask questions.

I've shot hundreds of pounds of nitrous through lots of cars. Nitrous rocks, no question. Play it cool and don't get greedy you can do alot for pretty small money. Nitrous is a track tool really but there really is no more efficient power adder out there.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Flex tune for the e85 or dedicated fuel system for e85? Flex tune you will need the 47's and a bap if you do the e85 and 100 shot. Dedicated fuel system will be fine then.
And like others said..spark plugs, window switch , tune and so on.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm in a stock car so I'm definately going with the window switch. The max shot I'm gonna do is a 100 shot. I don't need too much. I am tuned by Lund now but may be switching to AED in the future. With all the people that are tuning cars for Lund now some of the stuff is getting iffy. I've heard Shaun is really good with this platform. Would you guys recommend changing spark plugs when I do the install? It won't be happening few months so I thought I would get all the info I could before I start ordering things. It's my first time messing with spray besides having a few friends on it so I figured I would ask for help.

Just FYI, Lund has nitrous tunes down. And there is 1 new tuner with lund and that is it. Jr and Sr still do the majority of tunes they always have.

5lho

Established Member
I liked the answers I got from them to the questions I asked. I didn't go there ultimately but, I'd be confident in doing so. Nitrous tuning at this power level isn't rocket science.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
Flex tune for the e85 or dedicated fuel system for e85? Flex tune you will need the 47's and a bap if you do the e85 and 100 shot. Dedicated fuel system will be fine then.
And like others said..spark plugs, window switch , tune and so on.

I planned on doing a flex tune. 47# injectors are already ordered so that jut leaves the bap.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
Yes, I'd strongly recommend NGK 6510 (LTR71X-11) gapped at .032 for 100. Nitrous tunes ain't everyone's bag. It's pretty easy compared to tuning for FI but, you still need to know what you are doing. Ask questions.

I've shot hundreds of pounds of nitrous through lots of cars. Nitrous rocks, no question. Play it cool and don't get greedy you can do alot for pretty small money. Nitrous is a track tool really but there really is no more efficient power adder out there.

Thanks for the advice guys. I figured that plugs would be part of the deal but I wasn't for sure. I guess it's better to ask than mess something up. And there's no greed here, I'm not looking for too much power just a little something to give me an edge where I need it. I started looking at nitrous because I can run n/a for the most part and then swap tunes for spray if for the track and whenever I think I'll need it. That was a big plus to me.

TheBorkinator

Established Member
keep it to 100 and use a reputable tuner. I have the same kit you plan to use. I haven't run it at the strip yet but, I feel pretty confident there won't be an issue. Use a window switch if you are a stick car. Hitting the limiter with any shot is no bueno.

accessories that are must haves are a pressure gauge, a bottle heater and the above mentioned window switch if you are on manual.

Any reason to not go 150 shot? Every kit I'm looking at has jetting for 150 as part of their kit for the Mustang, and they say the car can handle it just fine.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
Just FYI, Lund has nitrous tunes down. And there is 1 new tuner with lund and that is it. Jr and Sr still do the majority of tunes they always have.

thanks for clearing that up.i just looked at your website and seen the cam lope tune is included in with a custom tune.can that harm any engine parts ?

TorchRed3v

Established Member

Thanks for the info. That makes my life a whole lot easier. My tune from them now has been great and I would like to stay with them I just didn't know how good they were with nitrous applications. From what I've seen they do very well with boosted cars though.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
Any reason to not go 150 shot? Every kit I'm looking at has jetting for 150 as part of their kit for the Mustang, and they say the car can handle it just fine.

I'm not an expert by any means, hell in the one trying to learn from these guys but from other threads I've seen I think he said keep it to a 100 because I said I wanted to keep it safe. The higher you push he shot the more risk you are taking that some parts are going to fail. It puts a lot more stress on the engine components.

5lho

Established Member
100 shot on a decent traction Coyote is good for 10s so, more than enought o get you booted for no cage. 150 can be safe too but, the manifold distribution issues become more critical and the consequences of a tuning mistake are high with the bigger shot.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I spray my '11 GT (100 shot). My setup consists of the following: base nitrous system (obviously), bottle opener, bottle heater with pressure switch, insulated bottle jacket, window switch and a purge. Don't forget the colder plugs and a switch panel (just to keep things nice and clean). If I have to remind you of a tune, methinks you probably shouldn't be spraying. Lol

Good luck, it's a blast! Literally.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
I spray my '11 GT (100 shot). My setup consists of the following: base nitrous system (obviously), bottle opener, bottle heater with pressure switch, insulated bottle jacket, window switch and a purge. Don't forget the colder plugs and a switch panel (just to keep things nice and clean). If I have to remind you of a tune, methinks you probably shouldn't be spraying. Lol

Good luck, it's a blast! Literally.

Thanks haha! I'm trying to get all of my bolt ons lined out right now but hopefully I'll be spraying by the start of this summer! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thanks haha! I'm trying to get all of my bolt ons lined out right now but hopefully I'll be spraying by the start of this summer! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it.

Cool deal man! My only other mods as of right now are a Pype O/R H-pipe and GT500 axle-back.

5lho

Established Member

Tick tock....I wasn't able to spray at the season opener last friday due to a small technical issue but, at least I got baseline n/a + tune and tire runs in and got my head back in the game after a long cold winter. Next race day for me is the 22nd of April and I'm praying for sun. I'm going to do a quick test at some point on the road, just to be sure the N2O system is ready to go. I understand your excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread