2013 Boss pre-purchase questions

04nccobra

Established Member
Have a chance to purchase a very low mileage 2013 Boss for what I think is a very fair price. I have been interested in this car for several years but could never pull the trigger.

One of the things that concerns me is in virtually every track test there are comments about the brakes fading after a few laps. Have you owners found this to be the case?

Also I hear about issues with the MT82 transmission, is there a way to test for this problem? Where or when is it most likely to occur? In my 2012 GT I would be locked out of 3rd and sometimes 4th when under full throttle, is this the same?

FKing1

Established Member
I autocross my 13 regularly and have no brake fade, however, on a track day with continuous laps I can not say if fade will happen
Lock out at rev limit, definitely yes.
My cure for this was an MGW shifter and Spec2+ clutch.

noldevin

Established Member
The stock brakes will definitely fade at a track day. It can be fixed with DOT4 fluid and track ready pads (no street pad can handle track abuse).
For autocross you can probably get away with the stock pads as you aren't going fast enough to really heat the brakes.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I have tracked mine in 90 degree heat, 0 fade but I have the cooling ducts, DOT4 and race pads.

Users who are viewing this thread