2013 Boss 302 vs. GTR

J.Shoot

Established Member
I have a 2013 Boss 302 with a D1 Procharger, I took it to the track last Friday night. This was my first time on a full 1/4 mile track, (I have been running 1/8th mile some). I saw a GTR making some passes so in the staging lanes I walked over to him and asked if he wanted to run. He said sure with a smirk.....
Well, he ran a 10.88 (not sure what mph), I ran a 10.50 at 130 mph. It was awesome. I saw him a little later and he said he had several upgrades on the car and wasn't use to "seeing taillights".
We ran one more time but something happened and he had to let off.
I had a great time, ran a 10.56 and a 10.59 also. I am on slicks with several mods to the car.

J.Shoot

railroad

Established Member
He backed off because he was having flash backs of a Boss 302 handing him his a$$.
Nice clean kill, No excuses. Those are some good times. How about posting some pictures of your car and under the hood.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Was your poor 60' or were you having other problems because a 130 trap while putting down 772rwhp seems slow. Dyno numbers aren't everything but I would think you'd have a 138-139mph car. In any sense your car is beast!! Congrats on the GTR kill! :rockon:

J.Shoot

Established Member
Thanks

Thanks everyone!!! It was a great night! Correction, it was Saturday night and we were at Ennis.
You are correct about the RWHP and 133 mph was the best I saw. Was having some difficulty cooling off the car between passes plus, it spins pretty good 1st to 2nd and part of 3rd. Still working on that. Overall, extremely pleased with the performance of my car and the tuning work by the guys at True Street.
Car ran a 10.50, 10.54 and 10.59 that night with 1.50-1.51 60ft times. Was very pleased with this.
GTR was definitely in shock that I took him.
Still think the car has more in it, maybe with more track time it will prove that it can. Can't wait.
If someone can tell me how to post pics, I'll definitely get some on here.

J.Shoot

Established Member
I have the videos but cannot post attachements yet. If someone wants to post them for me, I can email to you.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Nice boss! With your power level you should see 9s if you can get it to put the power down effectively throughout the run.

Users who are viewing this thread