2013 blower kit from FRPP

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
2007-2012 GT500 2.3L TVS SUPERCHARGER TUNER KIT | Part Details for M-6066-MSVT23* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

M-6066-MSVT23.jpg

Fits: 2007-2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 5.4L engine
TVS Supercharger unit from 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 program
Supercharger rotors feature four lobes with a 160-degree twist

Custom calibration required
Does not include sensors
Supercharger belt may not work for all GT500 model years, custom belt may be required

Kit includes:
2.3L Twin Vortices Series (TVS) supercharger features 4-lobe rotors and 68 mm pulley
Cobra Jet Oval Throttle Body M-9926-SCJ
Supercharger to throttle body elbow
2013 GT500 Supercharger Belt

BossAnaki

Established Member
Other than the Throttle Body thats what comes on our cars from the factory. Did you mean to post this in the other GT500 section?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
He probably did and even so those guys are already well aware and have been buying these for months now

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Would that polished billet FRPP TB do anything for the 2013 other than just look amazing? (I'm not sure about difference in size, etc...) I thought I had previously read that someone on here had already installed it in their 2013?

mullens

Established Member
Would that polished billet FRPP TB do anything for the 2013 other than just look amazing? (I'm not sure about difference in size, etc...) I thought I had previously read that someone on here had already installed it in their 2013?

In order to get the maximum benefits from a TB you have to upgrade the CAI (maybe 123mm) and tune to match. A TB alone won't net you much with a stock tune. They do look nice, but you want something more than a $600 ornament.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
In order to get the maximum benefits from a TB you have to upgrade the CAI (maybe 123mm) and tune to match. A TB alone won't net you much with a stock tune. They do look nice, but you want something more than a $600 ornament.

Thanks mullens. I'll look around on here and see if there has been a thread started about the CAI you mention. Ideally, if I could find a quality CAI to use with this TB, and possibly some headers/exhaust with a final tune, I would be happy with the results. I could care less about running in the 9s. If I can maintain excellent reliability through some minor performance mods, and have a car that moves a little more air (with the sound to go with it) I'll hit my target. My first priority is the suspension and a shorter throw.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thanks mullens. I'll look around on here and see if there has been a thread started about the CAI you mention. Ideally, if I could find a quality CAI to use with this TB, and possibly some headers/exhaust with a final tune, I would be happy with the results. I could care less about running in the 9s. If I can maintain excellent reliability through some minor performance mods, and have a car that moves a little more air (with the sound to go with it) I'll hit my target. My first priority is the suspension and a shorter throw.

JLT big air is the way to go....honestly for a simple install you can do yourself and get good good power, might I suggest contacting Van at revan racing...he will set you up

Users who are viewing this thread