2013 5.0 150

jbconcrete

Established Member
Just ordered a 2013 2 wd 150 Short bed with a 5.0 I am going to put the rousch stage 2 blower kit on it. Prob the Rousch exhaust as well . Ordered it with the 3.55 electric locking axles.
Any body built a similar truck? If so did you do anything to the transmission or will the stock one hold up? Im thinking I'll still get decent milage with it for normal trips.

jbconcrete

Established Member

I had a 2001 lightning that was slightly modded. Cold air, chip, and 4 lb pulley. It also had 3.55 gears. I never took it to the track but the previous owner had run 12.75 with it. I am looking foi similar to slightly improved performanse out of my 2013. Would love to hear some input, either actual experience or educated opinions.
I did see a new 150 that ran an 11.90 on here with a 150 shot of nos.

dragpac

I had a 2001 lightning that was slightly modded. Cold air, chip, and 4 lb pulley. It also had 3.55 gears. I never took it to the track but the previous owner had run 12.75 with it. I am looking foi similar to slightly improved performanse out of my 2013. Would love to hear some input, either actual experience or educated opinions.
I did see a new 150 that ran an 11.90 on here with a 150 shot of nos.

My best on spray was 11.62@117 but this should make you happy,my nephew ran 10.93@122 with a 2011 sbrc 5.0 and a 2.3 roush blower from johnny lightning.

jbconcrete

Established Member
That would be sweet. Im going to put catted headers and the roush exhaust on it as well. Gonna skip the roush tune and get it done by a tuner. What other mods did your nephew have? Gears and tires?

dragpac

That would be sweet. Im going to put catted headers and the roush exhaust on it as well. Gonna skip the roush tune and get it done by a tuner. What other mods did your nephew have? Gears and tires?

No cats,muffler change,stock 3.55 gears,m&h drag radial.not much!

jbconcrete

Established Member
Cool Sounds like I should be a happy camper. Truck is supposed to be here early this week, Gonna take it and have tha mods installed next week. Going to have evolution performance tune it.

silver10thcobra

Established Member
I'm doing a rear mont 70 mm on my 2013 f150 has anyone done that? How many psi can I run ? Also anything else needed other than injectors?

jbconcrete

Established Member
I got the truck end of july it put down 505 rwhp and 520 rwt goes good but really needs a set of traction bars ran back to back 12.50's with it spinning and wheel hopping for 100 feet mph was decent 115.5 so i know it has a high 11 in it if i want to do the work. On the plus side it is a sweet cruiser and driving it normal its getting 19.5 mpg It will smoke my ecoboost both ways, performance and economy Im happy with the build i had evolution performance install the supercharger, headers and tune it.

black-plasma

Established Member
Per the comment earlier how would adding a blower to the 5.0 affect towing? I was sold on an ecoboost but found a 5.0 and was looking at the vmp tvs. Wouldn't that help for towing?

hi-rev

ScreaminCoyote
Established Member
I got the truck end of july it put down 505 rwhp and 520 rwt goes good but really needs a set of traction bars ran back to back 12.50's with it spinning and wheel hopping for 100 feet mph was decent 115.5 so i know it has a high 11 in it if i want to do the work. On the plus side it is a sweet cruiser and driving it normal its getting 19.5 mpg It will smoke my ecoboost both ways, performance and economy Im happy with the build i had evolution performance install the supercharger, headers and tune it.

what are you using for gears, wheel and tire package for the track and what were your 60ft times, and also which traction bars you looking to get

jbconcrete

Established Member
355 GEARS 305 45 18 NITTO NTO5'S RAN A 2.12 AND A 2.15 60 FOOT. Not sure on what traction bars would be the best I am open to suggestions and ideas. I would also like to put a line lock on it so I can heat the tires better. Not sure if anyone makes a line lock kit for a 13 f 150 or if it has to be done from scotch.

hi-rev

ScreaminCoyote
Established Member
I know jlp makes a set of traction bars for our trucks, cal trac does also and I know done have used the Lakewood traction bars as well and as far as a line lock I have not herd of any available

Users who are viewing this thread