2012 premium 5.0 vs 04 pullied

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
MMMMAAAAAYBE its just me, but when I watch that video it sounds like a termi(whine), but when the camera pans the the instrument cluster... I see a gt or sn95 cluster...either blacked out or not the "indi-glow" type gauges seen in a termi..... just wondering

50 Proof

Established Member
Buddy just acquired a stock 2012 gt premium 5.0 with a 6 speed, so obviously we had to race, all of the races ended with about the same outcome.

My car has 2.8 upper exhaust and tune

1st race, he requests a 40. So that's what I give him. On the third honk were off, and he is still a my rear bumper all te way til about 70. Then when shifting to third is when I really start putting about a car and a half on him. End of race at 135 I have roughly 2.75-3 cars on him.

These 5.0's are some stout machines. Considering his is stock.

But the terminator is still proving its dominance...(needing boltons of course..)

That's all I have

Lol wait up a minute, so you're modified and he's stock? What was the point in that race? How has a modified terminator proven its dominance? What if he was modified too, than what would have happened?

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Lol wait up a minute, so you're modified and he's stock? What was the point in that race? How has a modified terminator proven its dominance? What if he was modified too, than what would have happened?
Its called a friendly race..
What ifs are the best parts........:poke:

Bolt on for bolt on the Terminator has always had the edge but its a drivers race.. Search a bit more....

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
Its called a friendly race..
What ifs are the best parts........:poke:

Bolt on for bolt on the Terminator has always had the edge but its a drivers race.. Search a bit more....

An equal race would mean equal bolt ons, including supercharger....but hey what do I know? I've heard a Honda can be modified to equal a stock mustang...oh damn

BlueSnake01

Established Member
An equal race would mean equal bolt ons, including supercharger....but hey what do I know? I've heard a Honda can be modified to equal a stock mustang...oh damn
By your logic, the Cobra would need to be stroked to a 5.0 and have 373 gears also…...

50 Proof

Established Member
By your logic, the Cobra would need to be stroked to a 5.0 and have 373 gears also…...

Wrong because if the 4.6 were stroked then the 5.0 would need to be stroked too. Your logic fails.

Think about it captain. Two different engines but with equal mods doing a show down. That would be a fair and equal race.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wrong because if the 4.6 were stroked then the 5.0 would need to be stroked too. Your logic fails.

Think about it captain. Two different engines but with equal mods doing a show down. That would be a fair and equal race.
How does it fail? You said an equal race would be equal bolt ons and supercharger. :poke: By saying that, then the displacement difference shouldn't be ignored either….

50 Proof

Established Member
How does it fail? You said an equal race would be equal bolt ons and supercharger. :poke: By saying that, then the displacement difference shouldn't be ignored either….

Well by your logic I hope you never lose to an LS motor because you'd probably cry about him having more displacement LOL

blkvenm97

Established Member
+1

Any "man" atempting to ridicule or make fun of another man's financial situation is just a coward and plain scum. Definitely KING of all bitch maneuvers. Should definitely get his man card taken away.

ahhh....I'm getting quite sick of this 5.0 vs cobra crap...they're both awesome in different ways, everyone needs to get over it already....btw zyborg your Z is straight BEAST! love it

blkvenm97

Established Member

not taking sides but I think what he meant is they would both need to have an aftermarket blower...like a kb or whipple...with equal boost...and equal support mods like intakes and exhaust, tune...then it would be a fair comparison. I think that's what he meant anyways. either way I think the cobra vs 5.0 thing was old a long time ago so I don't really care I love both cars...

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
not taking sides but I think what he meant is they would both need to have an aftermarket blower...like a kb or whipple...with equal boost...and equal support mods like intakes and exhaust, tune...then it would be a fair comparison. I think that's what he meant anyways. either way I think the cobra vs 5.0 thing was old a long time ago so I don't really care I love both cars...

The argument has 2 main points, the Cobra 4.6 is factory forged and the 5.0 is not. The 4.6 is also factory supercharged and the 5.0 is not. Add a pulley to the Cobra and it takes a LOT of bolt on work to get a 5.0 to compete. Stock, or bolt ons not including a pulley, they are very close. When aftermarket blowers are factored in, the Cobra motor has the upper hand when you consider reliability, because of the factory internals. That being said, with forged internals and an aftermarket blowers on both, the 5.0 absolutely shines with more displacement, variable valve lift and timing, and airflow through the heads and (specifically the Boss) manifold.

The s197 chassis is set up better for handling, and has the 8.8 rear so many Cobra guys switch to, not to mention the fact you can purchase the vehicle with an automatic transmission, which is indisputably better for drag racing consistency than an stick and IRS.

Generally the base 5.0 Coyote is what's compared to the 03-04 Cobra's engine, when IMO the Boss motor is a more accurate comparison, because it has similarly forged internals and make BIG power with an aftermarket blower.

Either way, both cars are awesome.

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
Let explain where incoming from and how it appears to an outsider.

When see a boosted 4 cylinder race a. Stock v8 and win and then rub in the v8 owners face, my first thought is, but the v8 can be modified and can run boost too. Racing a modified car against a stock car and bragging about a win is lame.

So the original poster is rambling on about how much the terminator still dominates the new 5.0, and my reaction is, but the 5.0 is over 400 n/a horsepower, the 5.0 can be supercharged too.

So does the terminator still dominate the 5.0? My first reaction would be, I don't know let's supercharge that 5.0 and find out. My bet is that a supercharged and tuned 5.0 would make a terminator look stupid slow.

Last edited:

Beetle6986

Established Member

When see a boosted 4 cylinder race a. Stock v8 and win and then rub in the v8 owners face, my first thought is, but the v8 can be modified and can run boost too. Racing a modified car against a stock car and bragging about a win is lame.

So the original poster is rambling on about how much the terminator still dominates the new 5.0, and my reaction is, but the 5.0 is over 400 n/a horsepower, the 5.0 can be supercharged too.

So does the terminator still dominate the 5.0? My first reaction would be, I don't know let's supercharge that 5.0 and find out. My bet is that a supercharged and tuned 5.0 would make a terminator look stupid slow.

I doubt it. I think a Cobra with an after market supercharger will run away from a 5.0 with an aftermarket supercharger. You said to make it even. Lets put a Kenne Bell on both cars. :lol:

I feel like a retart even commenting on yet another post about "but you have a factory supercharger. Not fair!" It's a silly thing to whine about. No pun intended.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Well by your logic I hope you never lose to an LS motor because you'd probably cry about him having more displacement LOL
Reading comprehension owns you pretty badly…… I never stated such thing, you're the one that brought it up that both cars needed to be equally modded, that the 5.0 also needed a supercharger. What you fail to see is that the Cobra comes supercharged off the dealer and the 5.0 comes with a 5.0. Im just going by what your stating. If the 5.0 needs a supercharger to make it a fair race then the Cobra would need to be stroked also to a 5.0.

Does than make sense or are you still lost :poke:

As for the LS1, you run what you brung, can care less if you have a V8 6.2 or a 3.5 V6.
What he is actually saying is that its unfair because the Cobra has a supercharger (even though its stock from dealer) and the 5.0 is N/A. So its not a fair comparison according to him. See bottom quote.

So does the terminator still dominate the 5.0? My first reaction would be, I don't know let's supercharge that 5.0 and find out.
My bet is that a supercharged and tuned 5.0 would make a terminator look stupid slow.
This is just a stupid valid point…..
It really doesn't matter if the Cobra is supercharged or not as with the 5.0, it doesn't matter if it has a bigger displacement or not. The Terminator was designed to come boosted off the dealer, the 5.0 was designed to come strong from N/A off the dealer. Seems like you're the one that would cry if someone in a Camaro would beat your car only for you to say, "It's not a fair race, you have a bigger engine". Same crap you're saying..

Supercharged or not, the Cobra won in this case. Does it always happen? No! There are plenty of 5.0's out there that will show its tail lights to a Cobra.

And I agree with Beetle6986, it is a silly thing to whine about…..

50 Proof

Established Member
^^So let me get this straight, when the scales are tipped in favor of a terminator it's fair game but if things are evened out a bit for the 5.0 then that's not fair?!?! You sound like a ricer. Do you also like to race Hondas and brag about your kills? LOL sounds like your panties got a bit in a bunch.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
^^So let me get this straight, when the scales are tipped in favor of a terminator it's fair game but if things are evened out a bit for the 5.0 then that's not fair?!?! You sound like a ricer.
:nonono:
Again, two different engines for two different purposes……
Crying that the 5.0 needs a supercharger to be a fair race is ricer talk…..
Even 5.0 OWNERS will agree with me…

You remind me of some of the past Camaro owners who complained that the Terminator needed a supercharger to beat them ignoring the rest…

Again I never said it wasnt fair….. I clearly said run what you brung.. You're the one crying about it… If a 5.0 has a KB and blows me, I wont go crying saying I need a bigger supercharger to be a fair race….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread