2012 Mystic cobra?

luvgun74

Established Member
I've always liked the Mystic cobras and was wondering if anyone knows if there will be another in 2012 beings as what seems to me as an 8 year thing? :shrug:

MVD

Established Member
Are they supposed to bring back the Cobra? If not the 2012 will continue to be called a Shelby, just as all other S-197's.

"Cobra" ended in 2004.

luvgun74

Established Member
I could be misinformed, but i was under the impression that This is the last year that Shelby is doing the cobras and SVT is coming back in 2011. Can anyone validate this?

SpectorV

Established Member
I think shelby's contract is through 2012. Who knows after that. With all the money Shelby gets by just letting ford put his name on the Cobra I dont see why he would choose to stop if he has a choice.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Nobody knows for sure even what engine is coming for 2011 or 2012, paint colors for 2012 wouldn't be known until probably a year and a half from now.

laidback01

Established Member
can anyone photo shop a new gt500 with the mystic paint to give a rough idea?

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
well if you are thinking on progression then the new mystic paint will be even worse than 2004. the 96 mystic was truly a great color but the 04 was not. as far as the shelby contract, i imagine ford will never drop the name but even if they do the price is now set at a high starting point from the current platform:shrug:

ModularFan

Established Member
SVT/Shelby worked together on the GT500, it wasn't just him that built it. SVT has their name on the car as well.

jcthorne

Established Member
Yeah but both look like mold on grape kool-aid. We do not need another purple and green Mustang. I hope they do not bring back avacado or harvest gold either.....some things need to stay in the past.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Well we will see. Shelby still has tons of 2009s on the market. So we will see what they have to say after the 2011 Shelby.

Alan

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Are they supposed to bring back the Cobra? "Cobra" ended in 2004.

My 08 GT500 does not say "Cobra" anywhere on it. It has snake emblems, but so did the original Shelby GT350's and 500's, but they were not called "Cobra's", they were Shelby Mustangs, "Shelby's". The AC was the Cobra and the Shelby's (Mustangs) had a "Cobra" engine as designated by "Cobra" valve covers and intake, and then the Cobra Jet engine(s).

The 68-71 Torino on the other hand............it had a package that was "Cobra", the Cobra Torino, and like the 93-04 SVT Cobra's, they said "COBRA" on them somewhere, and then Cobra II's, the Cobra package on the early FOX Mustangs, but they all had "Cobra" on them somewhere along with the snake logo's/emblems.

Did Ford call the 2007-up Shelby GT500 a Cobra in any of their factory sales literature?

R

Shin

Established Member
My 08 GT500 does not say "Cobra" anywhere on it. It has snake emblems, but so did the original Shelby GT350's and 500's, but they were not called "Cobra's", they were Shelby Mustangs, "Shelby's". The AC was the Cobra and the Shelby's (Mustangs) had a "Cobra" engine as designated by "Cobra" valve covers and intake, and then the Cobra Jet engine(s).

The 68-71 Torino on the other hand............it had a package that was "Cobra", the Cobra Torino, and like the 93-04 SVT Cobra's, they said "COBRA" on them somewhere, and then Cobra II's, the Cobra package on the early FOX Mustangs, but they all had "Cobra" on them somewhere along with the snake logo's/emblems.

Did Ford call the 2007-up Shelby GT500 a Cobra in any of their factory sales literature?

R

phew that clears that up!! I guess my 2003 SRT4 isnt a neon since it doesn't say neon anywhere on even in the sales literature... :rollseyes

Its a Cobra bro whether you like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread