2012 mustang vs 2013 vette

Notfast2012

Established Member
Me and my wife were driving home from ponies at the park in Beaumont,texas. Driving down I-10 just east of Orange. When a big f350 pulls next at 70 mph and wants to race? Lol he got smoked lol. My wife loved the feeling of winning so much she was looking for more people to race. Me I am not a advocate of street racing but enjoy a good run for fun. About 5 mins past I see a new plated silver corvette not a z06. Nice looking car. He is in the slow lane I pass him and get in front of him. Then I see his car raise up in my mirror. He rides next to me fender on fender. The passenger gives the friendly we have the faster car nod. The driver is looking for some fun to. I was doing 70 he gives the go ahead. I drop it to third rip it into 4th he was a few cars back when I braked. The guy didn't want a second beating so he drove very slow and got off the next exit. Pride was lost for him. Bought a brand new vette and got beat by a mustang. To be honest I felt kind of bad but hey he gave me the nod! Least with new dealer plates he wants to run! Most of the vette's I see are always in the right lane just crusing along not looking for any fun. Btw my car is just another 2012 mustang gt with a blower. Thought I would share my story.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
nice kill

what are your mods? im assuming you raced a grandsport? those are fast cars

Notfast2012

Established Member
I have a procharger d1 stage stage 2, 47 lbs injectors,stainless works full exhaust,koni shocks struts, stedda sport springs,lca,uca, panhard bar, subframe commectors,shaftmaster driveshaft,vossen cv7 20" with nitto invo,dyno tuned 619 rwhp and 509 rwtq. And I had my rxt clutch/flywheel in trunk lol.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I have a procharger d1 stage stage 2, 47 lbs injectors,stainless works full exhaust,koni shocks struts, stedda sport springs,lca,uca, panhard bar, subframe commectors,shaftmaster driveshaft,vossen cv7 20" with nitto invo,dyno tuned 619 rwhp and 509 rwtq. And I had my rxt clutch/flywheel in trunk lol.

Nice :beer:

I'm sure the vette driver was butt hurt.

Notfast2012

Established Member
I didn't get a chance to get a pic. It kind of caught me off guard that he was wanting some action. I have a ever lasting impression of the driver of the corvette as he was searching for more gas. Lol my car is very tame sounding on the highway and very loud at wot. This car brings back the individual of the past setting off car alarms with my exhaust. People get scarred when I pull up and let it rip. lol I get enjoyment out of kids because maybe our youth will in hopes get to enjoy are passion just as much as me. As for the vette owner picking on weaker or hurt fish, sometimes they look that way caz ur the bait! Lol

burnzilla

Established Member
You never know with the supremely crafted Vette, even with a power advantage you can get walked pretty easily.
Nice kill.

Notfast2012

Established Member
Yeah I understand I have a lot more power. Around here they have some pretty nasty vette's. So never know what's going to happen. Was I surprised at the outcome,no. Having worked for gm and participated in many vette track days. I have first hand experience with how capable these vette's are including c6 and the z06. But that doesn't change the fact he was the one who thought he could take a mustang. Some guys like picking on weaker cars which he thought I was until. Surprise he underestimated my car. Next time he will think twice. Or he will do what most of us do is mod and come looking for me again. Lol

02 WIFE

Established Member
Yeah I understand I have a lot more power. Around here they have some pretty nasty vette's. So never know what's going to happen. Was I surprised at the outcome,no. Having worked for gm and participated in many vette track days. I have first hand experience with how capable these vette's are including c6 and the z06. But that doesn't change the fact he was the one who thought he could take a mustang. Some guys like picking on weaker cars which he thought I was until. Surprise he underestimated my car. Next time he will think twice. Or he will do what most of us do is mod and come looking for me again. Lol

True, true statement lol. I just completed my ls3 swap and I am looking for a few people too lol.

Notfast2012

Established Member
I have stainless works headers,x pipe, catback. They sound amazing. F bodies are a great platform as well. I have had my fair share of 408 stroker motors built with spray. But the 2012 mustang simply still amazes me after almost two years of owning it. They respond very well to any type of boost click off 9's in the quarter and drive back home 1 hour away with the ac on!

Users who are viewing this thread