2012 KB Boss vs Modded GT-R

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
I'm from Virginia, but last month the Army flew me to San Antonio for some fun. A friend of mine in his '12 school bus yellow Boss took me to that track, good times. 3 or 4 GT-R's were there, to include the one you raced if it belongs to a young skinny kid.

Sweet Boss!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looked like he got you out of the hole, Im surprised he didnt just stay ahead.

Great run.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats and Awesome, totally awesome!! How does the car hook on the street?? Obviously the 3.15 helps with traction, what tranny are you running?? I got spanked by my buddies GTR at the track on one of my early passes on stock tires... It's all over you tube from every angle... I keep thinking about a blower, but I just love my boss na so far. Maybe some day.

Kiohtee

Established Member
1000Rw to run high 9's?...what supra world did you grow up in?

Congrats on the single digit slip....car is inspiring

Maybe I'm used to watching crazy horsepower cars on stock suspensions NOT getting it done lol.

I'm just saying that when I think of a car to match a Hayabusa, I don't automatically think of a 700-800hp Mustang. Nonetheless, :beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thanks! Made 4 passes last night and the car was really consistent.

No idea on the HP. Somewhere in the 750 to 800hp range I would guess. :shrug:

oct9runs.jpg

The consistency of the 6R80 for the win!

racebronco2

Established Member
I was there watching the action. Good runs Tracy! On your third pass your left tire stopped spinning during your burnout. I have a video if you need it. You still pushed out a 9 second pass ;)

That explains why the car spun and upshifted a couple hundred feet out. Track conditions weren't very good last night, so I'm surprised it ran as good as it did. I'd love to see the vid if you have it! Racerat@gmail

^my Boss would do the same thing, one tire would not spin during a burnout, couldnt figure it out.

I'm pretty you are both running the Torsen TR2 rear dif. I installed the Torsen TR2 in my cobra too. It's the bais on the dif. You must have some resistance on one tire for the other tires to engage. They are great for cornering but not so good at the drags.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Wow, you ****ing YANKED his ass down the track!

Your boss is awesome as always. I'm sure people wren't expecting that type of outcome

BigDan

Established Member
Nice, I've wanted a Boss with a 3.6L KB ever since I saw your first vid from 3 years ago of it trapping 141mph with stock exhaust, stock suspension, stock clutch on 18" DR's. Really makes me want to run out and do the same.

[youtube_browser]0nJiKYZ-th4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread