2012 GT...Engine Dead RIP

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I see...lol I know there's a bunch of haters out there with nothing better to do but troll. This seriously happened to me and I'm outta My Mustang for at least 2 weeks. As long as Ford is fixing the problem, I'm alright with it.

Engine failures, while statistically improbable, do happen. I'm not sure why his story is so hard for you to believe. It happens with all types of cars. Stuff breaks.

Heads up guys for some reason that guy shadow thinks he's a ford tech that knows nothing so anything he says just don't even listen too.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Heads up guys for some reason that guy shadow thinks he's a ford tech that knows nothing so anything he says just don't even listen too.

Yeah i rather listen to you, a guy who rents bowling shoes.

Everytime there is an issue there you are. You love spreading fear. No clue what your talking about. I read it on the internet. No one lies on the internet.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
I don't see why OP would have no credibility? They didn't come on here and post a rant you couldn't read because it was only half English and one run on paragraph, or bash ford in any way for the issue. He just posted his experience and said he was looking forward to getting his car back.

ridenfish39

Established Member
Shit happens with all cars, and it sucks if you are the one it happens to. Ford makes tons of these cars and only a scant few untuned motors have popped.
I had a Mazdaspeed 3 before the 5.0. They only import a few thousand of them a year and a LOT more of those popped......even stock. I always felt like I was driving a ticking time bomb when I got in that car.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Shit happens with all cars, and it sucks if you are the one it happens to. Ford makes tons of these cars and only a scant few untuned motors have popped.
I had a Mazdaspeed 3 before the 5.0. They only import a few thousand of them a year and a LOT more of those popped......even stock. I always felt like I was driving a ticking time bomb when I got in that car.

ha, i had an 08. fun little car but a week after i sold it the guy who bought it from me threw a rod clean threw the block, very common on those DI motors.

ESU1909

Established Member
UPDATE: Waiting has finally ended...I received the call from The Ford Service Advisor this evening, My Mustang was ready for pick-up new engine and all. Nothing better than hearing the rumble of the new Coyote. I asked my advisor what I should do differently this time around, he told me that "These cars are meant to be driven like you stole it!" When I get a chance I'll post a pic of the print-out that shows the parts ordered with the work performed.

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Glad they took care of it for you so quick. I was just thinking you said you were on your way home from the car wash when it seized up. Maybe you or the car wash itself sprayed to much high pressure water directly into the grill and it went into the stock cold air inlet drowning the air box in water and then when you fired it up and drove away it sucked a bunch of water in the engine and hydrolocked/seized it up.

ForgotMyUsrname

Established Member
^ which is... ?

No clue. My car arrives next weekend. :bored:

I imagine it's probably for the first 500 keep it at varying engine speeds but never WOT nor anything above 4000 rpm, something like Honda's which I'm used to.

Deranged2013

Established Member

I imagine it's probably for the first 500 keep it at varying engine speeds but never WOT nor anything above 4000 rpm, something like Honda's which I'm used to.

When you get ready to leave in your new GT, wave at your sales person, smile, and leave some of your new tires on the street in front of the dealership. :burnout: LOL

Too40gawlf

Banned

No way, the conventional wisdom on this is slowly changing. Get your new car, make sure the oil level is correct and start rip it up. Let the rings get a good chance to seal.

My car was thrashed at the strip by the previous owner with 21 miles on the odometer. Knock on wood, the motor runs like a top and the previous owner got a best of 12.58 @ 112 mph completely stock out of this car.

ESU1909

Established Member
No way, the conventional wisdom on this is slowly changing. Get your new car, make sure the oil level is correct and start rip it up. Let the rings get a good chance to seal.

My car was thrashed at the strip by the previous owner with 21 miles on the odometer. Knock on wood, the motor runs like a top and the previous owner got a best of 12.58 @ 112 mph completely stock out of this car.

Now That's What I'm Talkin' Bout'!!!!

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
5.0L guys be careful with the aftermarket tunes.

Service manager at a Dealer here in Vegas told me that he has seen two cases where Mustang 5.0Ls trash cylinder #8 and Ford refused to repair on warranty. Apparently Ford knows that aftermarket parts can cause the #8 failure, and even if those parts are removed and the stock parts reinstalled when taken to the dealer, Ford voided the warranty.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Service manager at a Dealer here in Vegas told me that he has seen two cases where Mustang 5.0Ls trash cylinder #8 and Ford refused to repair on warranty. Apparently Ford knows that aftermarket parts can cause the #8 failure, and even if those parts are removed and the stock parts reinstalled when taken to the dealer, Ford voided the warranty.

Your post is 2 years old.

Ill_W1N

Established Member

Thanks for the info!! Welcome to 2013. :idea:

boduke0220

Established Member
check out the boss 302 section. guy was tracking his boss and it blew going down the front straight. Im begining to believe a tune is actually safer lol

silver50

Established Member

I had my first engine give out too on the stock tune. right around 5900 miles. I bought the car second hand and when I was driving down from Pasadena to San Diego with the car in cruise control Variable Valve timing phaser broke and sent metal fragments throughout my engine. After I got my car fix, I found that the 5.0 engines were great engines. If they were going to have a failure in stock form, it usually occurred around 5-6k miles. So I would hold off on new mods til that amount of mileage passed. At least that is what I did.

As far as Breaking in the new engine. Manual says to not go full throttle for the first 100 miles. Then vary your rpms until you have a 1000 miles on the new engine. If you have a manual, try using the engine to engine brake the car. Engine braking really helps to seat the piston rings. I am glad to say my newer engine has 28k miles on it now, and it hasn't burnt any oil after the 1000 mile break in. By the way might want to check your oil level every 300-500 miles with the new engine and top off as needed. The engine usually burns some oil when it is new. Otherwise enjoy the car man :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread