2012 GT...Engine Dead RIP

Torchy

Established Member
Just curious, had you went WOT right before, then let out and cruising, then lost power or were you literally just coasting the whole time?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Another one bites the dust. Glad its all getting taken care of.

by9468840

Established Member
I don't think it makes sense to even discuss potential reasons. It might just be a production defect in the piston or rod. Luckily your car wasn't modded but unless you had a blower installed, no mod could ever justify shattering of internal parts. I think even a slightly modded coyote would still be covered under warranty with such failure.

grnenvy

Established Member
Dude that sucks and your right this is rare. U should be good with the new motor. U obviously got a bad motor from the start it happens. If I was u I would run the shit out of the new motor right from the start. Not that it would of helped save your old motor but I'm a big believer in a hard break in. I'm at 25k stock motor supercharged.
Good luck

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Wow that is crazy.
Sorry you had to go through that with a brand new car.
My advice is to break it in hard but not right out of the dealership lol.
Dont give the dealership people any reason to give you a hard time with future warranty work :)

ESU1909

Established Member
Some people think everyone is a troll...lol

I see...lol I know there's a bunch of haters out there with nothing better to do but troll. This seriously happened to me and I'm outta My Mustang for at least 2 weeks. As long as Ford is fixing the problem, I'm alright with it.

Users who are viewing this thread