2012 GT...Engine Dead RIP

Rct851

Established Member
i wonder if the dealership would have let you upgrade to a boss motor

If I could have my engine blow and pay the price difference for the boss motor with ford paying all labor under warranty.... Maybe the greatest day of my life

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
? Guy has 22 posts on here. You believe every thing you read huh.

yeah man, i'm with you.

your 1700 posts means you have maximum INTERNETZ credibility. lol.

ie. posing on a internetz forum makes you credible and right about anything lol.

RussianStang

Established Member
Question regarding the warranty. Did you ask them if it was possible to put the Gt500 engine in it for an extra charge?

ESU1909

Established Member
Question regarding the warranty. Did you ask them if it was possible to put the Gt500 engine in it for an extra charge?

I did ask them if putting in a Boss 302 Motor would be possible....Service Advisor laughed and said "If I could, I would". So I just left it at that.

ESU1909

Established Member
If I could have my engine blow and pay the price difference for the boss motor with ford paying all labor under warranty.... Maybe the greatest day of my life

Ford Service Advisor couldn't make that happen lol

daustin

Established Member
5.0L guys be careful with the aftermarket tunes.

Service manager at a Dealer here in Vegas told me that he has seen two cases where Mustang 5.0Ls trash cylinder #8 and Ford refused to repair on warranty. Apparently Ford knows that aftermarket parts can cause the #8 failure, and even if those parts are removed and the stock parts reinstalled when taken to the dealer, Ford voided the warranty.

Hey Walt, what dealer told you this? I tried (twice) to send you a message but an error popped up both times. When I spoke with the service manager at my dealership about getting a tune, he told me not to worry about it (as long as it was with a reputable tuner). I know if something happened, i.e. blown #8, I would be SOL as it's out of the dealership's hands, but he seemed pretty receptive to helping folks out that are modded. Now, I haven't tuned yet so I can't say what would happen when push came to shove.

OP, not trying to hijack the thread. Sorry.

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
My car saw 100mph with 15 miles on the clock. I'm at 1700 now and there hasn't been a single drop of oil burnt. The manual says no extended WOT runs, so winding it out here and there isn't gonna be detrimental in the slightest. Hammer down op!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It's hard to see but this is a picture of my car with 182 miles on the odometer while sitting in the staging lanes at the dragstrip. I purchased the car with 20 miles on it on a Friday afternoon and put 160 miles on it within 24 hours and was at the dragstrip Saturday night to get a feel for it. Break it in right OP!

FBADAC2D-9603-4277-8D18-816B786829AF-4595-000002810498DB3B_zpsf512f6dd.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yeah i rather listen to you, a guy who rents bowling shoes.

Everytime there is an issue there you are. You love spreading fear. No clue what your talking about. I read it on the internet. No one lies on the internet.

Its sad I'm just joe blow an i know more than a so called tech name shadow. That in itself is pathetic. Truth seems too hurt you bud. :pepper:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Glad they took care of it for you so quick. I was just thinking you said you were on your way home from the car wash when it seized up. Maybe you or the car wash itself sprayed to much high pressure water directly into the grill and it went into the stock cold air inlet drowning the air box in water and then when you fired it up and drove away it sucked a bunch of water in the engine and hydrolocked/seized it up.

^^ Does anyone think this is possible?

Users who are viewing this thread