2012 Ford Focus

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
with the new 2.0 gdi motor making 160hp/146tq what do you guys then a good 93 octane tune could net with this motor and the vct on the intake and exhaust side?

has anyone tried yet that you know of?

tallguy2.3

Established Member
I rode in the back seat of a new 2012 when it was at our dealership for training. 4 full grown men in the car and it still pulled pretty well. I was impressed. A tune and intake should still help I'd imagine, but it might take tuners a while to really figure the new technology out.
Focus engines up until now have been relatively basic. Still, I think 10-15 hp should be able to be squeezed out fairly easily. 175hp dd for that price with all that tech and safety awesomeness....yes please.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I rode in the back seat of a new 2012 when it was at our dealership for training. 4 full grown men in the car and it still pulled pretty well. I was impressed. A tune and intake should still help I'd imagine, but it might take tuners a while to really figure the new technology out.
Focus engines up until now have been relatively basic. Still, I think 10-15 hp should be able to be squeezed out fairly easily. 175hp dd for that price with all that tech and safety awesomeness....yes please.

175hp - 180hp with cai and udp is exactly what i was thinking with a tune...maybe with both cams adjusted...possibly a little more....

how did the torque band feel? i would doubt if the car is a little underrated as is..

tallguy2.3

Established Member
The driver pretty much punched it so I couldn't get a feel for any low end. The way Ford designed the intake manifold and tuned the Ti-VCT is with a focus on high RPM power. It shouldn't be bad below 3k since it has the variable cam timing and GDI, but it really goes after 3500.

Users who are viewing this thread