2012 Catoctin Cruise! New Date: Nov 11th!!

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
You know I'm just funnin'. I still have pics of our cars side by side last year. :rockon:

23530596.jpg

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I am following greg.. thats for sure.. Ill do my best. Ill be sure to try and warm up the fat tires on the way to make sure I dont go sliding around

Why Try

Established Member
A couple of us did a dry run to see what people thought. It starts with a nice ride though the country across covered bridges and farm land. Cruise though Thurmont and regrouping at Catoctin High School. Then a ride up the mountain to some back roads for some nice fall colors and scenery. This will be a slower part mostly for the sites as some of the roads are tight. Regrouping at Washington county line on 491 for the higher speed portion. Back down 77 with a ride though Catoctin park and then 15 with a nice U-turn back north for lunch buffet in Thurmont. First thing to know is this uses a lot of Greg's old roads and some are one lane and are back mountain roads. All roads are paved but there were two spots on Hornet's nest that had a small amount of gravel running from driveways. Second, we will be going over 3 covered bridges so front and x-pipe clearance is something to keep in mind when crossing. I was riding with Chris in his 13 GT500 and we had zero scrapes and cleared everything BUT if I had a 00R I would remove front lower.
2012-09-30_11-16-02_135.jpg

This is the type of road to expect for the mountain part.
2012-10-08_14-16-48_612.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread