2012 5.0 vs 2010 SS

dynasty_365

Established Member
hahahha get a tune from JMS .. I ran there's and with stock air box and filter. X pipe and tune only 3:55 gears i was going 12.1 on stock 18s @ 118mph 3 times in a row.. 2.1 60' also i raced 2 of them and the one with full exhaust intake, tune and cam was running same time. he was or drag radials too. Those cars are not fast at all. I don't care who is driving them.. shoot me a txt ill come out lol

I actually find that's it's very few of them that want to race. I'll pull up onside of them at a light or catch one on the interstate and rev right next to them and they never wanna run them. Very seldom do u c a camaro that's wants to try to race

drewzx3

Established Member
Most of them are stock around here and they scared :) Nobody has ever tried to run me on the street.

cobra_mer

Established Member
No offense to anyone that owns a new camaro SS, but all of them I've seen are stock and driven either by women or grey haired men. Same for the Challenger STR8's for that matter. :shrug: Could be the price of modding these cars doesnt appeal to the majority of the speed junkies out there. :shrug:

Defknotzero

Established Member
No offense to anyone that owns a new camaro SS, but all of them I've seen are stock and driven either by women or grey haired men. Same for the Challenger STR8's for that matter. :shrug: Could be the price of modding these cars doesnt appeal to the majority of the speed junkies out there. :shrug:

Maybe in michigan but here in chicago there are a lot driven by guys that are not above the age of 40. lol. (including me).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Just depends on where you're at I guess. Tons of modded cars down here.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Alot of young guys out here have 5th gens too. And they are all slow. :-D

Well I know of one that puts down big numbers (600 rwhp or something) but its a show car with huge wheels and trunk filling subwoofer.

Kimcobra

Established Member
I actually find that's it's very few of them that want to race. I'll pull up onside of them at a light or catch one on the interstate and rev right next to them and they never wanna run them. Very seldom do u c a camaro that's wants to try to race

Exactly what you find around here, Now if you are in your daughters focus they will run you but get the Mustang out and they will turn off or just slow way down..But I expect that..they really are not that fast..Hell i haven't even seen one at the local drag track yet..all kinds of challengers and stangs but NO 2010 up gaymaros..:??:

04nccobra

Established Member
Exactly what you find around here, Now if you are in your daughters focus they will run you but get the Mustang out and they will turn off or just slow way down..But I expect that..they really are not that fast..Hell i haven't even seen one at the local drag track yet..all kinds of challengers and stangs but NO 2010 up gaymaros..:??:

I 'll put my 28k 10 Camaro LS3 with two minor bolt ons against your 55k Shelby (stock) in the 1/8th and we will see if your overpriced shelby is really worth double the price of my SS. For the money you spent I would think you must beat me by 3 car lengths to prove your manhood and your checkbook

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I 'll put my 28k 10 Camaro LS3 with two minor bolt ons against your 55k Shelby (stock) in the 1/8th and we will see if your gay overpriced shelby is really worth double the price of my SS. For the money you spent I would think you must beat me by 3 car lengths to prove your manhood and your checkbook

Although I do feel that Shelbys are a bit over priced, mod for mod you will never keep up with one.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I 'll put my 28k 10 Camaro LS3 with two minor bolt ons against your 55k Shelby (stock) in the 1/8th and we will see if your gay overpriced shelby is really worth double the price of my SS. For the money you spent I would think you must beat me by 3 car lengths to prove your manhood and your checkbook

:lol: A blower and nitrous are considered minor mods?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I have plenty of chevy friends here and even they say the 5th gens are abit underwhelming. Nice cars and a good motor, but GM dropped the ball in some key areas.

drewzx3

Established Member
I 'll put my 28k 10 Camaro LS3 with two minor bolt ons against your 55k Shelby (stock) in the 1/8th and we will see if your overpriced shelby is really worth double the price of my SS. For the money you spent I would think you must beat me by 3 car lengths to prove your manhood and your checkbook

whats your run through the 1/8?

S8ER01Z

Established Member

28K? buy it used? did it come with any options? Friend just picked up an 11 SS Camaro M6 (not even rs package) and paid nearly 40K

dynasty_365

Established Member

y a 1/8th? everybody knows the shelbys tires r shit. dude put slicks on the thing and ran high 11's on youtube. check it out. but really who cares about a 1/8th if u still lose the quarter :bash:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
weight for starters

That's the only real thing. It weighs 200-250lbs more than a GT.

28K? buy it used? did it come with any options? Friend just picked up an 11 SS Camaro M6 (not even rs package) and paid nearly 40K

He got robbed then. My car is a 2SS with the RS package, orange stripes, orange interior, sunroof, cargo mat, and polished wheels and the MSRP was $38.5k. Got it for $2k less.

However, the only way you're going to get a new one for $28k is by getting a good deal on a base 1SS with no options. They MSRP for $31k.

dynasty_365

Established Member
yea its almost 300 pounds heavier. suspension. shit sucks on anything other than a straight line course. the camaros cool an all but right off the lot its just a feminie looking car and everyone will tell u the interior is flawed as hell and barely functional for day to day driving with all the blindspots. i mean every car has its flaws but u must admit the camaro was a rushed product imo but hey thats my opinion but then again im not a camaro guy. respect them yea but they arent my thing

Users who are viewing this thread