2012 5.0 vs 2010 SS

dynasty_365

Established Member
found out he just has full exhaust thats all. i'm heading to the local dirt track to watch some derby racing and what not. theres a good stretch of road up that way i said lets do it. sooo hopefully dude comes through and i can whoop that ass

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
If the race is from a dig better make sure he is on street tires also. If not, with one mistake on your launch, you will not be able to make up the distance..

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

04nccobra

Established Member
If he has headers and a tune you are probably toast if he knows how to drive at all. Race him from a dig is your best shot as these SS's can be a challenge to get off the line without hop or spin. I have a CAI and hi-flo cats and ran a 5.0 from a roll 35-mph on up to about 80-mph where he let off, had him by a car length the whole way and was inching more as we let off. No idea if his 5.0 was stock, stick, or auto. A header tuned car is going to pull harder than mine.

LS2GTO

Established Member
I've never heard of anybody just getting headers. That makes no sense at all.

Why is this so hard to believe? For LS engines, headers are the most common and basic starting point that's ever worthwhile.

Most people if serious in modding their cars (and can't drop 3-4k on a completely built setup) usually start off with headers. And most people that only do a few bolt-ons usually have headers at the very least.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Why is this so hard to believe? For LS engines, headers are the most common and basic starting point that's ever worthwhile.

Most people if serious in modding their cars (and can't drop 3-4k on a completely built setup) usually start off with headers. And most people that only do a few bolt-ons usually have headers at the very least.

+1

If I hadn't found my cam for next to nothing I would have a set of headers on already.

dynasty_365

Established Member
i hadn't heard anything from the guy i was free all weekend. even went to a local race track. anybody with a ss in BR thought i'll gladly race if ya want

Vigilante375

Established Member
Headers are the first mod that needs to be accomplished for GTOs. The headers on an LS based engine restricts so much exhaust flow, its just reatarded. So its not a uncommon first mod, you just dont know your engines.

Last edited:

kyoshosp2

Established Member
hahahha get a tune from JMS .. I ran there's and with stock air box and filter. X pipe and tune only 3:55 gears i was going 12.1 on stock 18s @ 118mph 3 times in a row.. 2.1 60' also i raced 2 of them and the one with full exhaust intake, tune and cam was running same time. he was or drag radials too. Those cars are not fast at all. I don't care who is driving them.. shoot me a txt ill come out lol

drewzx3

Established Member
hahahha get a tune from JMS .. I ran there's and with stock air box and filter. X pipe and tune only 3:55 gears i was going 12.1 on stock 18s @ 118mph 3 times in a row.. 2.1 60' also i raced 2 of them and the one with full exhaust intake, tune and cam was running same time. he was or drag radials too. Those cars are not fast at all. I don't care who is driving them.. shoot me a txt ill come out lol

yo an auto or manual?

dynasty_365

Established Member
All this Louisiana love man we all oughta hook up or something.

Still hadn't heard from the guy though. Guess he backed down. I once again said I'm free all weekend and can go whenever

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
All this Louisiana love man we all oughta hook up or something.

Still hadn't heard from the guy though. Guess he backed down. I once again said I'm free all weekend and can go whenever

Whoa! I think you forgot the no homo at the end. lol jk man.

Users who are viewing this thread