2012 5.0 vs 03 cobra rematch

mebetter

Established Member
This is a rematch of a good rivalry I have with a friend with a 2012 5.0.
The first Mexico runs can be seen on this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/988085-my-5-0-vs-pullied-ported-blower-cobra-n20-camaro-evo-9-a.html

2012 gt- boss intake, long tubes and full exhaust, 3.73's, bama tune
2003 cobra- ported blower, 2.8 pulley, and catback exhaust
After that I regrouped changed out the factory plugs, added a heavier wire to the fuel pump, and a ported tb. Here are the Mexico results.

[youtube_browser]OccWnxdrGIw&list=UU6yjdRB99RXLGWgAnK9wZDA[/youtube_browser]

Mustang-alkie

Established Member
Good runs. Almost looks like the 5.0 will get it back on the top side.

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
no way a 5.0 with that few of mods is gonna come around a ported eaton cobra. just aint happening. i had a run in with a bolt on 5.0 last summer and the results were the same.

klr16G

Established Member
both drivers I feel like are not driving there cars to the max 5.0 driver in the first video is all over the place hitting rev limiter and such and the 03 cobra is eating lunch between shifts all in all the cobra should take home the prize at the end of the day with such mods

stangfreak

Established Member
no way a 5.0 with that few of mods is gonna come around a ported eaton cobra. just aint happening. i had a run in with a bolt on 5.0 last summer and the results were the same.

This is not to stir the pot, but I was told and keep reading, a 5.0 with a different intake manifold and full bolt on's are high 10 second cars, they keep up with c6z06's, and destroy eaton cobras for lunch. Im sure you saw these posts as well.

The wild part about this race, is that, the cobra doesn't even have long tubes AND does NOT have a lower pulley. Rule of thumb is, once you port the eaton, you need the lower to spin it faster. anyone that has owned a terminator knows this.

The cobra is not a easy car to drive and master. There not friendly. A properly setup and well drive ported eaton cobra will trap 125-128mph.

stangfreak

Established Member
both drivers I feel like are not driving there cars to the max 5.0 driver in the first video is all over the place hitting rev limiter and such and the 03 cobra is eating lunch between shifts all in all the cobra should take home the prize at the end of the day with such mods

well said. Both are fast cars. But at the end of day, a ported eaton cobra like you said will take the prize. people underestimate a ported cobra. They mph pretty damn high and should run 10's when driven properly.

when driven properly like this video below, you can see what a ported eaton can do with a little baby 60 dry shot. Full weight, spare tire in the back, STOCK SUSPENSION. This is my good friend, aka venomous03cobra. The car was even hot lapped back to back. I was there that track rental.

VENOMOUS03COBRA in car camera 10.30 @ 134.74 by venomous03cobra - Car Videos on StreetFire

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

That is putting it nicely. I am not a good driver, but damn, I can still spot bad driving.
Cobra shifting was slooooww

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
A ported pullied Cobra should not loose to a Bolt-on NA 5.0, the video clearly shows. Most 5.0s with Boss MF's, full exhaust, tune and tires will run in the mid 11s. This is common info which can be found on this site in the 2011-14 sub-forum. Nice kill.

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice runs. I've had both an 03 cobra and now a 13GT. They have served different purposes for me so I love them BOTH for different reasons. The nut swinging for either side is funny to me.

Users who are viewing this thread