2011Mustang GT vs 6.1L 300SRT8

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Went out to a local meet tonight and there was a 2010 6.1L 300SRT8 w/ tune/exhuast/150 shot there and the guy driving it made the statement that he beats 5.0's all day long on motor. I offered to run him in my mild bolt on GT (mods in my sig) Unfortunately he was out of the NOS or I would have ran him on the spray too. Temps were in the high 50's.
Enjoy :beer:

[youtube_browser]Nhx9x1bLIhQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
E85 tune probably puts you in the 425-435rwhp with your mods, I would think. Walked him pretty good on the first run.

Jonberlin

Established Member
Nice kill op!!! ;) those 6.1 hemis are too heavy and even with the 6.4 it's a driver's race. Good job!!!

Jonny

OneSlowV

Established Member
I beg to differ It took me a tune and cat deletes to even pull on my stock 392 charger lol. Stock for Stock a 392 is faster.

daves03svt

Established Member
Srt driver is an idiot. He would be lucky to put down 390rwhp na with his mods. Outcome was as I expected, less weight and more power defeats more weight less power. Nice runs op.

Jonberlin

Established Member
I beg to differ It took me a tune and cat deletes to even pull on my stock 392 charger lol. Stock for Stock a 392 is faster.

I'm just writing what I've experienced. Buddy of mine has a 2013 charger srt8
and we've raced a few times. It totally depends on who has the better driving day. He has won a few and so have I. All that with both of us bone stock down to the tires, both cars manual. Once I have my winter purchases installed he will see nothing but taillights and is probably going to start modding, too.
He swears it's staying stock but we all know how that goes... ;)

Jonny

OneSlowV

Established Member
Idk what it is about the SRT8 cars some run better than others do stock. Most with bolt ons put down around 450 rwhp or better witch is pretty good enough to get you into the high 11s.

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
Nice kills OP! All I know is.. when I was bolt ons only, I would get walked nicely by both 5.0 and srt8. Havent got a chance to race once since the new setup.

speedieGT500

Established Member
I killed a few 5.0's that were relatively stock (axle back cold air etc) in my bolt on 06 300 srt8. My car put down 380/385 on the dyno, was a nice daily.

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
and we've raced a few times. It totally depends on who has the better driving day. He has won a few and so have I. All that with both of us bone stock down to the tires, both cars manual. Once I have my winter purchases installed he will see nothing but taillights and is probably going to start modding, too.

Jonny

No such thing as a manual-transmission Charger ... do you mean Challenger?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice kills! You annihilated him in the first race, and in the second caught him nicely after spinning the wheels badly. :burnout: :rockon:

stroked mach

Established Member
buddy had a challenger and it was a new one srt8 and I loved it, I make 336 na and I could run off from him everytime I dont see why they cant make them cars run like they should bc I love them and would like to see them do what them big motors should do

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
E85 tune probably puts you in the 425-435rwhp with your mods, I would think. Walked him pretty good on the first run.
The car made 433hp 422tq STD on 93 with a Lund tune with no cool down time in 95* temp. I haven't had it back on the dyno since changing to E85, but I picked up 4mph in the 1/8 mile with no other changes. The car has always been strong.

Thanks every one else for the compliments. It went pretty much went how I expected it would. Freight trained

Runfile 13 is the AED tune. 4th gear
Runfile 14 is John lund Tune. 4th gear
Runfile 16 is John Lund 5th gear
img001.gif

OneSlowV

Established Member

Jonny
Makes sense if he is a 6spd. They are slower than the A5s.

Users who are viewing this thread