2011 wheel hop issue

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Need some advise on wheel hop issue. I had no wheel hop issue until after 2000 miles and after I road raced the car for two days . Maybe it's a mix of the heat cycle on the tires , lost of tire tread, colder air, and engine is full broken in now. I never had an issue in my old fox body, but it has full suspension work. The wheel hop is pretty bad even in hard shifts in 3rd. What parts you gentlemen recommend. The Suspension is stock at the moment . I will be installing Koni sport (yellow) shocks with Steed sport spring with 1" drop. For the wheel hop looking into Roush wheel hop reducer or steed upper and lower control arms. I want the ride quality to be stock or better and have a 1g+ cornering ablity on r compounds. Want a GT car and no full hard core track car. Car is driven on long road trips and do road course track days and autocross once a month .

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
upgrade your LCA/UCA and that should solve the issues

Tucker

We only use and only sell METCO products.
Our 2011 GT has been on VIR's full and Grand course as well as pulled 1.60 60's at the strip.
I run the adjsutable UCA, UCA heavy duty mount, LCA and lower relocation brackets. Ride is very good, no noise and very strong.

Let me know if you have any questions.

All can be seen here: METCO suspension

smMetco%20parts%20007.jpg

MCA2005.jpg

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
can we have part numbers for the above listed. can you use stock lowers with relocation brackets? also, is is best to use weld in or bolt in relocation brackets. does it matter?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
IMHO any of the major brands will work fine

Steeda
BMR
CHE
Metco

Grant808

Established Member
Do the metco or any other anti-squat/relocation brackets have two location settings? I don't want a race only setup...but want to reduce the hop.

On my '00 GT, the brackets/LCAs I use have two location points to choose from.

Last edited:

Entrenched

Established Member
Do the metco or any other anti-squat/relocation brackets have two location settings? I don't want a race only setup...but want to reduce the hop.

On my '00 GT, the brackets/LCAs I use have two location points to choose from.

I've got the BMR setup and the upper mount has two location points. When I bought mine no one had a 2011 specific mount so you need to order and use a 2010 through the floor bolt (the one under the seat).

The lower relocation brackets also have two location points for adjustments.

Grant808

Established Member
I've got the BMR setup and the upper mount has two location points. When I bought mine no one had a 2011 specific mount so you need to order and use a 2010 through the floor bolt (the one under the seat).

The lower relocation brackets also have two location points for adjustments.

Thanks for the info :banana:

COBRA32

Established Member
I think the roush anti-wheel hop kit works the best if you want to maintain OEM quality. It adds no harness at all and gets rid of the wheelhop. I have had Steeda and others and they add noise to the car. If you have a non daily driver and a loud exhaust than go for the others. If not I would go with the Roush, its OEM quality and does not change the ride in anyway just fix's the problem.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
I think the roush anti-wheel hop kit works the best if you want to maintain OEM quality. It adds no harness at all and gets rid of the wheelhop. I have had Steeda and others and they add noise to the car. If you have a non daily driver and a loud exhaust than go for the others. If not I would go with the Roush, its OEM quality and does not change the ride in anyway just fix's the problem.

would it correct pinion angle for lowering the car aswell?

warlockgs

Established Member
To correct the suspension angles on my car after installing the Ford Racing springs to lower it down, I put on the Shelby Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, and those have not only brought the suspension back to where it needs to be, my wheel hop is *gone*.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think the roush anti-wheel hop kit works the best if you want to maintain OEM quality. It adds no harness at all and gets rid of the wheelhop. If not I would go with the Roush, its OEM quality and does not change the ride in anyway just fix's the problem.

I couldn't agree more.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-parts-mm-xd-rlcas-panhard-bar-roush-uca.html

On edit...beware of your intent and ultimate vehicle use when adding any type of rear LCA bracket - you are making geometrical suspension changes that will have a dynamic impact upon handling and braking characteristics. If you are into drag racing the brackets aren't an issue. If road racing and high speed handling are in your future I'd consider making other changes. Otherwise, the anti-squat increase may show itself during high speed braking. Metco is one of the few manufacturers of these brackets that admits to it in their advertising.

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MIC2005&cat=102

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
the upr stuff works great on my car. UPR upper and lower street series w poly bushings. the car even hooks great on radials now. 1.68 60ft on a radial

Users who are viewing this thread