2011 Vortech goes 9.96

Dtony

Established Member
Hi, I lurk here a lot but have not posted. I was able to get a 9.96 out of my 5.0 yesterday and thought I would share it over here.

The car has:
Boss short block and intake (stock heads and cams)
Boss valve springs and billet oil pump gears.
Long tubes and offroad x pipe, stock mid pipes and GT500 mufflers.
Stock 6R80 trans with a 3600 converter.
A lot of rear suspension work and 3.31 gears.
Race Stars with the new MT extreme DR.
Most importantly a Vortech at 12 lbs.
Stock fuel system with KB bap and Injector Dynamics 72 lb injectors.
Tuned by CRT Performance.

The car weighs 3840 with me in it. I am running on pump gas and torco. It is so heavy because I have not lightened it at all, and added the SC and roll bar.

Mustang GT 9 Second Run - YouTube

996.jpg

Dtony

Established Member
Thanks guys.
I run a Circle D converter. It's a 3400~3600 but I get the full 3600 when I flash it. I hold it at 1200 then flash it. I have found my car works best by shocking the chassis.

Dtony

Established Member
Very nice. I believe that we have talked to you at Kilkare a few times.

Probably so, I go there a few times a year when I can get out of work in time. I really wanted to go there this fall because with their track prep I think it would go a 9.8x.

Wow! Great job, OP! That's cookin'!

Thanks man, it definitely took some patience. But it paid off.

Nice. I really need to get a gear in my car.

from the famous tapatalk.

You do, this combo loves the 3.31's.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Great accomplishment, Richard did it first and there's just a small list of cars that aren't vendor shop rides that have cracked 9's in the 5.0!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The track in the vid is Tri-State Dragway in Hamilton and highlights how well the setup must be working, the track is not known for good prep

His suspension setup wasn't anything over the top either. Car just flat out works. He was told to stop running at Edgewater as he didn't have a license or a 10pt when I saw him last.

Dtony

Established Member
Sorry guys, I lost track of this thread.

So to date the best run is now 9.91 at 138. 1.44 60'. I have ran high 9's at 3 different tracks and all on pump gas with Torco additive. Like someone mentioned the video is at Tristate and the track wasnt the best that day, but the car still works well.

The rear suspension is all the bolt ons:
BMR LCA's with UMI welded relo brackets, H&M adj UCA with the nose -2º, Granatelly Adj panhard, Drake rear girdle, CHE axle brace, Lakewood old school 50/50 shocks, Axle exchange alum DS, 1" lowering springs all the way around.

I am running stock axles with 3.31 gears. Going to upgrade that stuff over the winter and probably go ahead and make the roll bar a cert cage.

Last edited:

drewzx3

Established Member
Sorry guys, I lost track of this thread.

So to date the best run is now 9.91 at 138. 1.44 60'. I have ran high 9's at 3 different tracks and all on pump gas with Torco additive. Like someone mentioned the video is at Tristate and the track wasnt the best that day, but the car still works well.

The rear suspension is all the bolt ons:
BMR LCA's with UMI welded relo brackets, H&M adj UCA with the nose -2º, Granatelly Adj panhard, CHE axle brace, Lakewood old school 50/50 shocks, Axle exchange alum DS, 1" lowering springs all the way around.

I am running stock axles with 3.31 gears. Going to upgrade that stuff over the winter and probably go ahead and make the roll bar a cert cage.

What springs?

Users who are viewing this thread