2011 Shelby GT500 VIN Information Questions

svink32

Established Member
Positives are it looks stock and has decently low miles and I also agree the grabber stripes look much better than silver, however as many others have said the price needs to be low 30s for a non PP car with basically no options. But honestly there is no way the dealer is going to sell it for that low, They probably paid around $30-31K for it so most Id say they drop is maybe $2k, if not it will just go to auction and probably sell to someone in the northeast who will get $35K for it. IMO this car is a waste of time since its at a dealership

Agreed. I offered $30k out the door on it. Really the only dealer fee is a $420 Doc Fee- I would be paying taxes/registration here in AZ once I got it back over here from NM. Even if they call me back and say "Deal" I am still 50/50 on it. At that price it does appeal to me because then I have a completely factory stock/standard option vehicle I can make my own. I prefer to find an original owner, stock low mile car, SVTPP or standard for around that $30k price or a bit higher but as dumb as this sounds, I don't want to worry about nicks and dings on a completely perfect car if I found one- I want to have some fun with this thing while I can and I think this one gives me that option.

I agree that they likely won't drop below $34k but worth a shot. A 2012 SVTPP with glass roof, recaros, NAV, 27k miles sat at a local Ford dealer here in AZ for 2 months. I believe they finally sold it but they originally wanted $40k, dropped to $38k, dropped to $36k, then finally dropped to $34k. Who knows what it finally sold for, I drove it and it was fine, but had a few mods and was sillver/black so I wasn't interested. No way this dealer sells that thing anywhere near asking.

svink32

Established Member
Also on a side note, salesman said a "gear head" came in and was really interested in it. He apparently told them "they weren't asking enough for it, the car is worth at least $42k". When I asked why he didn't buy it the salesman said the guy just purchased a 2018 Ecoboost Mustang and they couldn't get close to what he owed on a trade for him to want to buy the Shelby...I laughed out loud.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lolol Salesman is full of shit and lied to you, that would've been enough for me to walk away from the deal. Who knows what other bullshit is going on. Here's the original invoice showing the silver stripes:

upload_2018-8-3_11-41-3.png

svink32

Established Member
lolol Salesman is full of shit and lied to you, that would've been enough for me to walk away from the deal. Who knows what other bullshit is going on. Here's the original invoice showing the silver stripes:

View attachment 1505974

I know I literally laughed out loud when he said "gear head" and then "guy has an ecoboost". That alone was enough for me. I am not following up on it, if they call me back I may hear them out but I am likely done with that one.

Thanks for the invoice for it though! That is big time! Are you alright with me reaching out to you if I want to check one out on a future vehicle?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know I literally laughed out loud when he said "gear head" and then "guy has an ecoboost". That alone was enough for me. I am not following up on it, if they call me back I may hear them out but I am likely done with that one.

Thanks for the invoice for it though! That is big time! Are you alright with me reaching out to you if I want to check one out on a future vehicle?

Yes. Just PM me. I do what I can to help SVTP members. I'm sure a few members would chime in.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@svink32 Just so you know, the car in question is 1 of 15 built that year that was a white coupe with silver stripes. Its the second rarest color combo for 2011. The most rare coupe color being Grabber Blue with Red stripes of which, 3 were built.

Im not sure about how much value that low of a production build would add. If it were to get its silver stripes back , it could be in the future. Disclaimer: I by no means am an expert on car values, but 1 of 15 in that combo could be more unique than we think. No break down on how many of those were base or PP.

But if they aren't budging and feeding you shit, definitely walk.

svink32

Established Member
@svink32 Just so you know, the car in question is 1 of 15 built that year that was a white coupe with silver stripes. Its the second rarest color combo for 2011. The most rare coupe color being Grabber Blue with Red stripes of which, 3 were built.

Im not sure about how much value that low of a production build would add. If it were to get its silver stripes back , it could be in the future. Disclaimer: I by no means am an expert on car values, but 1 of 15 in that combo could be more unique than we think. No break down on how many of those were base or PP.

But if they aren't budging and feeding you shit, definitely walk.

Thank you for your input that is very, very helpful info! It is part of the reason why I would be slightly interested at $30k if they call me back. While I don't believe these cars are of collector value at this point, I do think that being 1 of 15 built is pretty cool. A part of me would rather put it back as a silver stripe combo if I had it, but with that said it's not really a color combo I like at all. Tough call there.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thank you for your input that is very, very helpful info! It is part of the reason why I would be slightly interested at $30k if they call me back. While I don't believe these cars are of collector value at this point, I do think that being 1 of 15 built is pretty cool. A part of me would rather put it back as a silver stripe combo if I had it, but with that said it's not really a color combo I like at all. Tough call there.
In that case, go find what you want. The # of units built wont matter for a long time as 13Cobra mentioned. But its a cool fact if you like tht car.

Since you aren't a big fan of it, it wouldn't be worth it. What color combo are you looking for?

svink32

Established Member
In that case, go find what you want. The # of units built wont matter for a long time as 13Cobra mentioned. But its a cool fact if you like tht car.

Since you aren't a big fan of it, it wouldn't be worth it. What color combo are you looking for?

I think it’s really unique and to be fair, I’ve never seen that particular combo in person. I think a guy on autotrader/cars.com (private seller) has a high mileage 11-12 white/silver combo for sale for like $28k, I think it’s got 75k miles on her. Looks cool but I am looking for white/grabber blue or grabber blue/white or kona blue/white at this time.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If youre in Phoenix, Surprise Ford has a 2012 Ingot silver GT500 with PP, Nav, glass roof and Recaros.

Autotrader - page unavailable

Lol, its not white or blue, but its loaded. And loaded for $37k with just under 30k miles is pretty decent. Worth investigating at least

svink32

Established Member
If youre in Phoenix, Surprise Ford has a 2012 Ingot silver GT500 with PP, Nav, glass roof and Recaros.

Autotrader - page unavailable

Lol, its not white or blue, but its loaded. And loaded for $37k with just under 30k miles is pretty decent. Worth investigating at least

Thank you brother! Saw that one actually and emailed the dealer before they posted the color on their site. I’m going to hold off for one of the combos I’m looking for, although that one is nice. I really prefer a private party sale as well. Same car (12 svtpp silver, recaros, NAV, glass roof) with 27k Miles was for sale for $34k at other local ford dealer. Took them 2 months to sell her and dropped price slowly from $40k to $34k. Tough market on these right now for sure!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I think its pent up demand for the S550 GT500 keeping prices up. The fact theres only a handful in the Phoenix market says something. Could change is theres an official announcement about it, but we are at least 4 months away.

To say Ford has underwhelmed delivering the new GT500 to market is an understatement. Theres already a 200 page thread about just that so I wont get into detail here lol. I think that once there is a confirmed car, with details and pricing, its should be a buyers market for the 07-14 GT500s for sure. At least, that's my opinion.

svink32

Established Member
I think its pent up demand for the S550 GT500 keeping prices up. The fact theres only a handful in the Phoenix market says something. Could change is theres an official announcement about it, but we are at least 4 months away.

To say Ford has underwhelmed delivering the new GT500 to market is an understatement. Theres already a 200 page thread about just that so I wont get into detail here lol. I think that once there is a confirmed car, with details and pricing, its should be a buyers market for the 07-14 GT500s for sure. At least, that's my opinion.

I absolutely agree man. I can’t help but feel like people are garaging their 11-14’s just awaiting for info before listing for sale. However those cars for sale aren’t selling quick, so maybe buyers are doing the same lol a big reason I’m interested in an 11-12 is they are finally in my comfort zone price wise. Lord knows I can’t afford the $60k price tag for a new gt350, nor whatever they say price is on new girl

svink32

Established Member

I absolutely agree man. I can’t help but feel like people are garaging their 11-14’s just awaiting for info before listing for sale. However those cars for sale aren’t selling quick, so maybe buyers are doing the same lol a big reason I’m interested in an 11-12 is they are finally in my comfort zone price wise. Lord knows I can’t afford the $60k price tag for a new gt350, nor whatever they say price is on new girl

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
As @13COBRA said, won’t matter in our lifetime.

You have to consider that from 2007 to 2014 Ford made approx 40-50,000 GT500’s.

Aside from color options, they aren’t really all that rare, but rather They are desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread