2011 Shelby GT500 VIN Information Questions

svink32

Established Member
Hi Guys!

Hoping someone can help me out here with some questions I have. A local non-Ford dealer has a semi-recent trade that they have had trouble selling (been there a month or so): it's a 2011 Shelby GT500, two owner car 24,500 miles, asking $36,500. Car is Performance white with Grabber Blue racing stripes on top and sides. Interior is black leather with satin silver stripes.

I am interested in working a deal on the car (for quite a few thousand less than their asking price). But, a few concerns I have...

I asked a local Ford dealer for VIN information and here are a few things I found:

1) Exterior paint is listed as performance white, yet exterior accent stripes read Satin Silver. I have never seen a white/silver option, is this accurate?

2) It says it has exterior SVT Racing Stripes on side and accent stripes on hood, but also says "Less Tape Stripes"...anything to be worried about there?

3) For Suspension Pack it says "Less Performance Pack" so I am assuming it does not have the SVT PP.

Should I be looking for an 11-12 with the SVT PP or is that really not a huge factor?

Lastly, another reason I think the car has sat a while is the previous owner put STICKERS, yes STICKERS on the bumper. One on each side of the license plate. This is of course a negotiating tactic, no one would ever buy a high performance car like this with stickers on it. What could I ask of the dealer to rectify this?

Anyone have an opinion on whether this car is legit and what a fair price would be considering the information above?

Thanks for your time!

Steve

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have a link so we can see what the stripes look like?

nickf2005

Established Member
Looks to me that somebody, at some point, pulled the satin silver (yes an option) stripes and replaced them with Grabber Blue stripes. This is based on the interior stripes being silver. Looks stock. No SVTPP.

I'm in semi-agreement with the post above. Don't pay a dime over $32,000.... maybe $31,000.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svink32

Established Member
Thank you both! I am contemplating whether or not I can get over the stripes not being matching...the market is really cold on these, so I would love to get into one around $30k. If I can get it that cheap, I can put some money into it myself...I think at that price I would be okay with non-matching stripes.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Offer 22.5
Walk if it gets to 28.
I understand the stripes for these cars can be very expensive to replace , ( more leverage)

svink32

Established Member
Ahh I'm a fan of the stripes personally lol especially on white...not a fan of white with stripe delete.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Dead serious .
You have found flaws , there is a very expensive change you have to make , if you want the car original .
Low ball them , work up some , see where it takes you .
Go to the tasca website , see what those stripe run , add 10% plus labor to remove ,and install .

You will be amazed .
Personally , I hate stripes ...
I love white, and the stripe delete .
I would hit them with the Trumster negotiation , and pocket the cash savings , and delete the stripes.....

By the way , I am always serious , except when I am serious ...

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I would pass on that car unless you can get it dirt cheap.

I don’t recall if the stripes came in silver, but the seats have silver trim which did coordinate with stripes. I would guess the factory was silver over the top stripes, no side stripe.

The shifter ball and wheels indicate a non PP car. I have a ‘12 with the PP. The PP cars will have thinner racing stripes if not deleted. I prefer the PP as it handles much better and comes standard with 3.73 gears ( versus 3.41, I think).

The ‘12’s are essentially the same as ‘11, but offered Recaro seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thats about $4k too high for non original stripes, non PP car.

If the car is going to be a cruiser or tourer, you DON'T want performance pack. Rear shocks are super stiff and not comfortable unless you simply want the best OEM handling available for the model year. 3.73 gears are nice, but 4.10s are better. :D

Check out the GT500 section for a breakdown of color production. White with silver stripes seems a little rare. At least, i havent seen many if any.

97cobra...

Established Member
It’s definitely not a pp car but that’s not a huge deal breaker I wouldn’t pay more the 32 for like others have said I recently picked up my 2011 pp car for 32k with 27k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Too many things with this car don't add up, but if you can get it cheap enough, maybe a buy,..................it's your money !!!

96gt02

Established Member
Positives are it looks stock and has decently low miles and I also agree the grabber stripes look much better than silver, however as many others have said the price needs to be low 30s for a non PP car with basically no options. But honestly there is no way the dealer is going to sell it for that low, They probably paid around $30-31K for it so most Id say they drop is maybe $2k, if not it will just go to auction and probably sell to someone in the northeast who will get $35K for it. IMO this car is a waste of time since its at a dealership

svink32

Established Member
Dead serious .
You have found flaws , there is a very expensive change you have to make , if you want the car original .
Low ball them , work up some , see where it takes you .
Go to the tasca website , see what those stripe run , add 10% plus labor to remove ,and install .

You will be amazed .
Personally , I hate stripes ...
I love white, and the stripe delete .
I would hit them with the Trumster negotiation , and pocket the cash savings , and delete the stripes.....

By the way , I am always serious , except when I am serious ...

I agree with you and thank you for your feedback on this, I spoke to them last night and informed them the stripe combo is incorrect. I also let them know that their price is high and that I would be willing to take it off their hands for $30k out the door, no questions asked. At that price I can put some money into it myself for modifications and I would be okay with that...the market on these is cold and it is definitely a buyers market however I would much prefer to be able to drive a short distance than ship one across the country- not a lot out there right now! I am only interested in an 11-12 SVTPP or standard: white with grabber blue, kona blue with white, or grabber blue with white combos.

Also, noted on your seriousness-ness

svink32

Established Member
It’s definitely not a pp car but that’s not a huge deal breaker I wouldn’t pay more the 32 for like others have said I recently picked up my 2011 pp car for 32k with 27k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats about $4k too high for non original stripes, non PP car.

If the car is going to be a cruiser or tourer, you DON'T want performance pack. Rear shocks are super stiff and not comfortable unless you simply want the best OEM handling available for the model year. 3.73 gears are nice, but 4.10s are better. :D

Check out the GT500 section for a breakdown of color production. White with silver stripes seems a little rare. At least, i havent seen many if any.

I agree, I am totally fine with a standard option vehicle as the vehicle is going to be a cruiser/tourer. I plan to mod it myself anyways. My '98 Cobra had 4.10's was a cruiser/tourer and she had 4.10's...loved that car.

Users who are viewing this thread