hood2.gif

hood1.gif

hood5.gif

hood3.gif

hood3.gif

hood6.gif

hood7.gif

hood8.gif

Bought this for the wife two weekends ago. She's a middle school teacher, first day she takes it to school some kids go to look at it, one of them is caught "leaning" on it while another takes his picture. Well, his backpack scratched the passenger side racing stripe on the hood. It's very minor, but it's also BRAND NEW to us, the wife is more upset than I am, she's wanted a Mustang since we started dating and she rode in mine. Her last car, 2002Toyota 4runner, she's had since new, so it's been ten years since she had a new car, finally gets one, her dream car, has it THREE DAYS, and it's scratched. We've already talked to the kid's father and he said he would pay to have it fixed. Problem is, I can't find just that one hood stripe on line, only kits. I've tried several places locally including a Ford dealership and no one seems to want to bother with it or they can't find out exactly what "part #" (I guess) these racing stripes are. Lexus dealership would replace both but wants $400 to do it. I don't want the poor guy to pay any more than he has to for his kids screw up.

So....Does anyone by chance know where I can buy just the passenger side racing stripe for my car, it's about 10" wide, satin or flat black, looks to be a match for the CS logo/stripe down the sides. If so, how much?

Thanks
:beer:
Ken

Oh, and FWIW, these new 5.0's are so badass. This car is light years ahead of/better than my '03 GT (when it was new/stock) in every way :rockon:

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
homo is that a factory cs? If so pm me the vin# and i'll check at my work thursday.. lmk exactly what stripe you need. I don't understand your post...Lol

Ken03KBGTvert

Established Member
homo is that a factory cs? If so pm me the vin# and i'll check at my work thursday.. lmk exactly what stripe you need. I don't understand your post...Lol

What's up Tiffany :banana: You're everywhere too I see LOL

It is a factory CS I'll pm the vin#

FWIW, last Saturday I pulled my piece of shitaki out of the garage after 16 months of hibernation. Made it 10 miles and died on me. P0190/P0193 codes, tried a buddies FRPS but still same thing, fuel pressure sucks, but pumps look to be working fine. Ended up having to get it towed home, luckily I had free towing with insurance. It's sitting in the cul-de-sac now. Thinking about seeing if 5 gallons of 87octane and a couple of matches could fix it's problem...

PM coming Thanks Nick...
:dancenana:

george.arnold

Established Member
There's gotta be a printing shop somewhere close to you that can make some stripes for you. Vinyl sign shops can usually do that kind of stuff. I'd imagine the install is where the majority of the price is going to be.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can understand why your wife was so upset. That's a really nice looking GT/CS. Soon enough you'll have the stripe fixed. I wouldn't go overboard trying to save the kid's dad some money. If you want the stripes to match perfectly buy the correct Ford kit, have it installed and I'll bet the guy will have no problem with the cost, as long as it's justified. He surely would want his own car to be done right.

Users who are viewing this thread