2011 Mustang Price Guide

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
sid is there an updated price list? 402A California Special is $1995 retail, so what is the dealer cost. On the sheet it shows $2079.

I'm looking to order a grabber blue cs vert auto in the next few months. And the more info the better.

That part of the price list appears to be from when Ford was planning on including the CS car cover with the CS package. Edmunds says invoice on 402A is $1,736. That might not be exact, but it's close enough.

FWIW, a dealer told me that invoice on a CS with 3.73s and comfort package (36,680 MSRP) was 34,444. Edmunds says 33,713 and according to the sheet linked here (except using Edmunds CS package price) they figure it as exactly the same, 33,713. Pretty sure the dealer was lying, either that or they were including doc fees and other crap in the quote.

Both dealerships I talked to had no problem doing invoice (not giving me any of the holdback, holdback is tough to get at most places from my experience unless it's a model they really need to move) and giving me the current $1,500 rebate.

That'd make the CS I looked at $32,213 and the base model with 3.73s I looked at $27,079. 27 grand for 412 HP and a 6 speed is a pretty amazing deal IMO.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That part of the price list appears to be from when Ford was planning on including the CS car cover with the CS package. Edmunds says invoice on 402A is $1,736. That might not be exact, but it's close enough.

FWIW, a dealer told me that invoice on a CS with 3.73s and comfort package (36,680 MSRP) was 34,444. Edmunds says 33,713 and according to the sheet linked here (except using Edmunds CS package price) they figure it as exactly the same, 33,713. Pretty sure the dealer was lying, either that or they were including doc fees and other crap in the quote.

Both dealerships I talked to had no problem doing invoice (not giving me any of the holdback, holdback is tough to get at most places from my experience unless it's a model they really need to move) and giving me the current $1,500 rebate.

That'd make the CS I looked at $32,213 and the base model with 3.73s I looked at $27,079. 27 grand for 412 HP and a 6 speed is a pretty amazing deal IMO.

Thanks. I'm still waiting. A dealer here is advertising $7000 off MSRP, which includes all rebates.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Thank's to our svt owner (sid297) I saw d plan price exactly same as dealer invoice plus holdback. And w the 1k rebate plenty good for me.

F8LVENOM

Established Member
Hey guys I am currently in the market for a 2011 GT premium. For that price sheet, should I be aiming to pay "dealer invoice" or "dealer invoice w/holdback" + the $1500 rebate...And do I also have to add the $850 delivery charge?

Also, are those invoice prices better then X-plan pricing?

For example, if I want a GT premium with no other options @ invoice price would I offer to pay $31,115.00 which would come to $29,615 after the rebate is applied?

Sorry..never bought a new care before...

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Hey guys I am currently in the market for a 2011 GT premium. For that price sheet, should I be aiming to pay "dealer invoice" or "dealer invoice w/holdback" + the $1500 rebate...And do I also have to add the $850 delivery charge?

Also, are those invoice prices better then X-plan pricing?

For example, if I want a GT premium with no other options @ invoice price would I offer to pay $31,115.00 which would come to $29,615 after the rebate is applied?

Sorry..never bought a new care before...

I negotiate with otd pricing. otd means out the door, or that would be the final price I pay. Two reason why I do this: one it lets me know there will be no hidden charges when I am signing final papers, two I know exactly what I am paying for the car not just a monthly price on the loan(dealers are notorious for lowering monthly costs which adds to the total price of the vehicle. what looks better to you? 416 month 3 years(15k note), or 278 month 6 years(20k note)? If you purchase over 6 years the dealer just made thousands more on your car sale!

pricing: car price, delivery, dealer doc fee, tax, title and licensing fees.
All this will be included in your final purchase price.
The dealer needs to pay for the car, delivery, and will pay your tax title and license for you.
Dealer doc fee is a fee the dealers charge which is pure profit for them. But you also have to remember they are running a business and they need to make a profit and cover the cost of overhead. 50 to 100 bucks for a dealer doc fee is normal. Some dealers charge 400 or 500 bucks though.

Example of otd pricing...your state costs/tax could be different
(31115-1500) * 8%(tax) + 100(doc) + 600(title and license) = 32,684.20
If you can find a no option mustang gt offer 32,600 dollars or 32,700 dollars out the door. Even $33k otd would be a great deal!

If you dont care about color and options I would wait another month. The 12 mustang gt will be out and the 11 will even have bigger rebates.

Forgot to add, x plan pricing is a little less the invoice pricing and you do not have to pay a dealer doc fee. It is also a set price in which you can not negotiate lower. If you have an x plan pin great, but you can also get a lower price on your own with some effort.

Last edited:

F8LVENOM

Established Member
Thanks very much! One other question, if you want to finance thru Ford with their 2.89% rate for 5 years does that mean you don't get the $1500 rebate?

F8LVENOM

Established Member
Well, about 4 days ago I emailed the salesman saying I wanted to pay $33k OTD for a 2011 GT Premium w/security package and I haven't heard from him since...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Thanks very much! One other question, if you want to finance thru Ford with their 2.89% rate for 5 years does that mean you don't get the $1500 rebate?

Yes this is often the case. You either get the rebate or the finance offer.
Ford does offer both on vehicles but it will clearly state, 2.9% and 1k cash back as an example.

In regards to your email, they are great because they leave a paper trail but often you have no idea if they even read it. You may be one of 500 emails the salesman got that day.

If it is local go talk to somebody in person. If its not call them up on the phone, and if that does not work ask to talk to the sales manager or general manager. Those two will be the ones who make the final decision on what price to sell the mustang at. Once you have agreed to the price of the vehicle get it in writing or by email.

F8LVENOM

Established Member
Yes this is often the case. You either get the rebate or the finance offer.
Ford does offer both on vehicles but it will clearly state, 2.9% and 1k cash back as an example.

In regards to your email, they are great because they leave a paper trail but often you have no idea if they even read it. You may be one of 500 emails the salesman got that day.

If it is local go talk to somebody in person. If its not call them up on the phone, and if that does not work ask to talk to the sales manager or general manager. Those two will be the ones who make the final decision on what price to sell the mustang at. Once you have agreed to the price of the vehicle get it in writing or by email.

Thanks, the original Sales rep blew me off pretty quickly, then I got a generic follw-up email from the Sales manager and he's been the one I've been dealing with. We already exchanged like 3 emails, but he's the one now ignoring me after my last email where I said i wanted to pay $33k. I'd like to go there in person but I don't want to waste my time if they won't come near the price I want. I'm in no rush either because I feel the longer I wait the better the deals will become for the 2011's since the 2012's are coming out soon.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Go see him in person. It makes your offer more relevant. With this he will most likely come back with a counter. This only happens if he believes you are serious. Would you like to guess how many offers they get by email every day?

Also want to mention that pricing does go up from time to time through out the year. The pricing on the mustang back in feb 2010 may not be the same pricing today. Price that jumps a couple hundred through the year is not unheard of.

Try to pm Chris(CGoeschel) for latest 11 mustang prices.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
^^^ Yes. Though I dont have it. I dont know if the 2012 price guide is out yet. I am pretty sure when it is out it will be leaked to the internet somewhere.

F8LVENOM

Established Member
Is the rebates on the 2011 mustangs now only $500? Wtf...it used to be $1500, then I think it was $1000, and now its only $500?? The one good thing is I got 2 $750 coupons in the mail (2 out of the 3 brochures I ordered had them). And I know I can only use one of them just saying I got 2 :)

tallguy2.3

Established Member
Idk what the rebates are right now and I work for a dealership! They change fairly often. And they vary depending on where you are in the country too...I think.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
So if i head to a dealer and shoot for this:

Dealer w/ holdback price - $750 coupon - $1500 rebate = my price before taxes and registration

Is this resonable and realistic? Thanks

tallguy2.3

Established Member
So if i head to a dealer and shoot for this:

Dealer w/ holdback price - $750 coupon - $1500 rebate = my price before taxes and registration

Is this resonable and realistic? Thanks

If I was in the market for a new Mustang then that's what I would shoot for. Is it reasonable and realistic: well, in the eyes of the dealer probably not so much since the salesman is essentially not getting paid on the deal and the dealer makes a tiny bit. But if they are wanting to work with you then it might be possible to do that deal. Even if you end up at $500 over invoice I still think you'd be getting a smoking deal with rebates/incentives and that coupon. :thumbsup:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I mean it may be a long shot with the dealer not making a killing, but it's what it's definitely the point I'm going to shoot for. Thanks

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Well went to the dealer tonihgt and wasn't too far off, I was able to basically get:

Dealer w/ holdback + dest/delivery(850) + FDAF assesment(486) + fuel(45) - $2250 in rebates/brochure coupon...so not too terrible

Was anyone able to negotiate below invoice, or get the FDAF or delivery fees knocked off?

Users who are viewing this thread