2011 Mustang GT vs 2003 Mach 1

Rios302

Established Member
I was late to work as usual so I jumped in my car and crossed the Mexican border. I took a 3 lane freeway at around 70 MPH. I was in the middle lane when I see what I thought was a 03-04 Mustang GT just cruising on the left lane. I slow down a bit to see the car better. I was not a GT but a Mach 1. I went on my way since I was late to work and the Mach 1 kept cruising.

After about a minute I hear the Mach 1 right next to me approaching really quick. No doubt its a 5 speed with at least some exhaust work. I can just tell just by sound and the way he shifter gear. I slow down a bit and drop from sixth to 4th as the Mach 1 just passes by. I decided to just wait at a steady speed and see if the Mach 1 wanted to slow down and play. The Mach 1 did slow down and once we were about even we both punched the throttle at around 65 MPH or so. I never look back, the Mach 1 was lost in my rearview mirror. I think he simply gave up as soon as I pulled away and went his way as the freeway divided. I was expecting more to be honest.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Well, you have about 100 MORE horsepower so not exactly sure if you were expecting him to beat you? What is done to your car, what gears? Gearing on freeway rolls makes a good difference

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Easy kill.

I owned a Vortech Mach 1 and I would say my bolt on geared 5.0 (before the supercharger) would give it a run for it's money.

Rios302

Established Member
My car is stock, factory 3.73s and gt500 axle backs. I was not expecting the Mach 1 to beat me but at least give keep up a little, at least that's the impression I got by the way he approached. I once had a good set of races with a heavy modified 06 Mustang GT. I actually lost the first race mostly because I underestimated the GT, I then took them handedly but a good race none the less. A bolt on Mach 1 should be able to do the same with the right gears and bolts ons which I assumed this Mach 1 did not have. He probably just wanted to mess around and didn't bother chasing since the freeway divided.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
There is a bolt-on with slicks, plus 100 or 125 shot, mach 1 at my track and I'm a .4 seconds faster in the quarter then him and my mph is also higher. So, yeah they are showing there age. I'm driving a bolt-on 5.0.

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread