2011 Mustang GT picture whoring....

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Sorry they are so near stock... Atleast in appearance... :banana:

The grey one is mine and the blue one is my friends.

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

Dave_6

Established Member
Wow, nice to see those are here in B'ham! Is yours a base? If so, how do you like it?

I went to test drive one Saturday and couldn't get a salesman to help me. I am determined that I am gonna have one of these before long, somehow. :)

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Wow, never have i had a thread moved for posting it in what i thought was the proper section. :dw:

how hard was it to install the grille and the CS front end? looks great

THe CS fascia was not very hard at all. I think the hardest thing was just getting all of the little tabs lined up. It helps to have a big open carpeted area and just lay the thing on there flat and just work the tabs in. You have to take the entire bumper off to do so. As far as the grille goes it is simple. Like i said, the hardest thing is the tabs. If you have strong fingers i don't think you will have a problem.

Wow, nice to see those are here in B'ham! Is yours a base? If so, how do you like it?

I went to test drive one Saturday and couldn't get a salesman to help me. I am determined that I am gonna have one of these before long, somehow. :)

Yea, my car is a base model and i like it. It isnt hard to please me, so the base model does me just fine. Which dealership did you go to?

Dave_6

Established Member
Yea, my car is a base model and i like it. It isnt hard to please me, so the base model does me just fine. Which dealership did you go to?

Town & Country. My dad knows a salesman there but he was tied up with a customer for over 4 hours when i came by. The other salesman didn't bother to tell me that and didn't ever come back out to see if he could help me. I want to test drive a base to see how I would like it for a daily driver but they didn't have one anymore. I think my ideal one would be a base with the Brembo package but it's going to depend on how much I can get for my car.

pohnjarker

Established Member
I think my ideal one would be a base with the Brembo package but it's going to depend on how much I can get for my car.

i got the base GT with 3.73 gears and Brembo package.

good luck on your hunt, i daily drive mine and it works great. nice and smooth and plenty of power when i need it.

Dave_6

Established Member
i got the base GT with 3.73 gears and Brembo package.

good luck on your hunt, i daily drive mine and it works great. nice and smooth and plenty of power when i need it.

Yep, base with 3.73s and Brembos is what I want. I like the cloth seats but I want to hear the audio system for myself. Is it as bad as I've heard? I'm not worried about the steering wheel as it can be changed out (guess the radio could too).

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Yep, base with 3.73s and Brembos is what I want. I like the cloth seats but I want to hear the audio system for myself. Is it as bad as I've heard? I'm not worried about the steering wheel as it can be changed out (guess the radio could too).

Well, i do not care about loud radios. The sound system in my base GT does me just fine. As far as quality? Ehhh.... you're in a mustang and will probably have loud exhaust + all sorts of other noise makers aside from the radio. I really do not think a mercedes class bose system belongs in a mustang. Just my .02.

I had the shaker 500 in my 2008 GT and honestly going from the 2008->2011 i could not tell a difference in any quality what so ever. However, i am not a radio connoisseur so my opinion is close to nil.

Dave_6

Established Member
Well it's not a deal breaker by any means. Of my 4 previous stangs, one was a Fox and the other 3 were SN95's. Only two of those had the Mach 460 and it wasn't impressive at all. I'm sure once I finally drive one I won't care about the radio. :)

kevinp

Established Member
I dont think the base radio is that bad, if you want thundering bass then you will be disappointed. I had a shaker 500 w/nav in my 2010 and a shaker 1000 in my 2007, neither of those sounded all that great but they had subs..

Users who are viewing this thread