GT500 came to $49,495
race red w/ satin black
black leather
add around $2,000 for a VTS intercooler, C&R heat exchanger, and dyno tune
add ~$10k more for a griggs suspension
~$62k

any of these would fit as my dream daily drivers:-D
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu it doesn't have a HUD!
there are gonna be a LOT of wrecked 2011s! how the hell will anyone even be able to test drive it without wrecking?! INSANITY!!!

Last edited:

Urlacher54

Established Member
I ordered mine basic GT Coupe blk/charcoal, Brembo Package, 3.73s $30,685! That's including the $1600 for the Brembo and $395 for the rear gears! I also have a friend that is giving me a code for the A-Plan? I'm not sure how much that will save on the car!

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I ordered mine basic GT Coupe blk/charcoal, Brembo Package, 3.73s $30,685! That's including the $1600 for the Brembo and $395 for the rear gears! I also have a friend that is giving me a code for the A-Plan? I'm not sure how much that will save on the car!

It's usually between $1-2K below invoice.

antirice23

Blue Oval Kid
Established Member

MODELS

Premium GT 6-Speed Manual$32,845
PACKAGES

400A$0
EXTERIOR

Kona Blue Metallic$0

No Tape Stripe$0

No Racing Stripe$0

Security Package$395

Tape Stripe Delete$0

3.73 Rear Axle Ratio$395

HID Headlamps$525

18-Inch Wide-Spoke Painted Aluminum Wheels$0
INTERIOR

Saddle$0

SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System$0

SIRIUS Satellite Radio$0

Shaker 500 Audio System$0

AM/FM Stereo with Single-CD$0

Leather Seats$0
ACCESSORIES

Hood and Side Stripe Delete$0

I hear the Brembo's really aren't necessary, for the first time in a long time Ford has put good stock brakes on a car, and for a DD I would not want 19s, hell I wouldn't want 19s almost EVER, maybe on a Ford GT...but thats it and at this point I'm just dreaming about one of those....

My Dad's got 4 A-plan codes left...and I sure as hell want him to get one of these, A-Plan puts cars at appx: 2% under or over dealer invoice I think...Jalopnik had leaked a DOS for the 2011 Mustang sometime back and I think a GT Premium w/ these options went for 28-30k at A-plan. A Base GT w/ 3.73s, and Brembo's went for I want to say 26-27k @ A-Plan...

for a 412 horse car that will run w/ M3s that is a STEAL.

...if only I could convince my father to get one... or...just graduate a year early next year and get a hefty gift/advance from my grand parents and buy one of these w/o having to make payments...

2011 GT, or spend 5 years in college enjoying myself...tough decision...

Last edited:

black03SVT

Established Member
Initially, I was just like some of the others here: Base GT + Brembos + 3.73s. I was happy I had a bargain car at $32,500. But then I started doing some homework... Anyone really examine the interior of a base mustang? No Alluminum spoke steering wheel, no door trim and "classic" Ford Green dash illumination. Here is an example: http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/default.html?AVi=1&id=6490037&D=90&ASTc=2010 Mustang GT&zip=91101&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No=0&Ep=search:results:results page&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&Q=dbc15e39-b7a1-4bba-bd58-e730203f5992

So I began to wonder if i was going to be happy paying 33k for a car decked in rental car attire on the inside. I decided the only way to go was with a Premium Package. Besides, if I step up to a Premium GT, dealer is likely to give me a bigger discount off MSRP :burnout:

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Initially, I was just like some of the others here: Base GT + Brembos + 3.73s. I was happy I had a bargain car at $32,500. But then I started doing some homework... Have you guys seen the interior of a base mustang? No Alluminum spoke steering wheel, no door trim and "classic" Ford Green dash illumination. Here is an example: http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/default.html?AVi=1&id=6490037&D=90&ASTc=2010 Mustang GT&zip=91101&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No=0&Ep=search:results:results page&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&Q=dbc15e39-b7a1-4bba-bd58-e730203f5992

So I began to wonder if i was going to be happy paying 33k for a car decked in rental car attire on the inside. I decided the only way to go was with a Premium Package. Besides, if you step up to a Premium GT, dealer is likely to give you a bigger discount off MSRP :burnout:

Yeah I agree, if I was going to buy one it would definitely have the premium interior and navigation. I'd take that over the brembo brake package which only makes a difference on an open track.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Initially, I was just like some of the others here: Base GT + Brembos + 3.73s. I was happy I had a bargain car at $32,500. But then I started doing some homework... Anyone really examine the interior of a base mustang? No Alluminum spoke steering wheel, no door trim and "classic" Ford Green dash illumination. Here is an example: http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car...V=List&Q=dbc15e39-b7a1-4bba-bd58-e730203f5992

So I began to wonder if i was going to be happy paying 33k for a car decked in rental car attire on the inside. I decided the only way to go was with a Premium Package. Besides, if I step up to a Premium GT, dealer is likely to give me a bigger discount off MSRP :burnout:

To each his own, I guess. I couldn't care less how the interior of a car looks, as long as it's comfortable, and it drives, goes, and stops to my satisfaction for the right price. Then again I'm married. The need to impress anyone with my car's interior is long past me.

N0Limits

I know I am going to have a hard decision.

I am looking at three different vehicles currently.

1). Turboed Hyundai Sonata....looks great, looks luxurious, the 274hp is a nice amount for a sedan....not too expensive..

2). Mustang ( v6 )....great exterior, alright interior...it has grown on me actually...not too bad for horsepower...seeing as I could always do the basic bolt on's and get quite a bit more power...a little more expensive..

3) Dodge Dakota...either that or a 2007 Silverado SS....was basically lookin into making it a semi drag racing truck...

Choices choices...with me moving to CO and all this summer (late)/fall, I don't know...

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Base GT with only option being 3.73s. Do not need or want anything that comes with the premium package. Not sure what color I'd get.

Do know that if I were to get one, it would be many months from now after the hoopla and prices had died down.

Mach'dOut04

Established Member
36,104 premium GT 6 spd with brembos, 3.73, and some sidescoops and illuminated door sills. With all the rebate stuff, this should be more like 32-33k.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
I'm curiously looking into my Snover fusion powered liquid crystal ball(w/ head up display) and I'm wondering what the effect to resale value of the 2011 GTs will be when the 430hp 2012 NA, DI GTs come out...

Hmmm cheaper 2011s????:shrug:

Is D.I. and 430hp on the 2012's real?

Formula51

Established Member
mustang V6 came in at $27,090.
manual
premium(for sync)
saddle leather
add on an extra $1,339 for the FRPP brembo pack
add another ~$7k for twin turbos + tuning
~$46k

mustang GT came to $36,180.
manual
premium(mainly to get sync)
race red
brembos + 19s
brick red leather w/ cashmere accent
~$500 for a tune
~$47k

GT500 came to $49,495
race red w/ satin black
black leather
add around $2,000 for a VTS intercooler, C&R heat exchanger, and dyno tune
~$62k

any of these would fit as my dream daily drivers:-D

there are gonna be a LOT of wrecked 2011s! how the hell will anyone even be able to test drive it without wrecking?! INSANITY!!!

Ok, you can still be number one! Atleast I tried to educate you two, which was hopeless but I couldn't help myself.;-):beer:

Why would you want Griggs suspension for a daily driver? A firm/harsh suspension where you can feel every bump and nuance of the car is great on track, but it gets old real fast on the daily commute. Best thing I ever did was get a commuter and put the Camaro in the garage. It makes it that much more enjoyable when you do take it out also.

Users who are viewing this thread