2011 GT500 TVS tune analysis

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I swear on my life I found a discussion going where Jon Lund Jr was defending his position about how much extra time it took to tune a JLT intake versus others. I cant remember where I read it, but it was a good back and forth between Lund and Jay Tucker of JLT.

Seeing that and watching reviews of the PMAS and how it compares to the JLT, Whipple and Ford Racing intakes (Similar to the Whipple and Ford Racing) is what prompted me to spend the cash and buy the PMAS.

So with their tune there should be zero knock, even with 91 octane in the tank and the current 91 octane tune loaded.

I can understand why they are taking a safer route.

Thanks for the info fullboogie!

VMP is partnered with Roush Performance. Have to make tunes that wont compromise that relationship (emissions, safety of the tune).

fullboogie

Established Member
So with their tune there should be zero knock, even with 91 octane in the tank and the current 91 octane tune loaded.

I can understand why they are taking a safer route.

Thanks for the info fullboogie!

Sorry for the stealth edit, but after typing that I realized it probably doesn't apply to you. I've got an '07 with no knock sensors, which is why (per BJ) VMP has backed off a tad on the timing on my newest tune. After reading my response, I decided to edit since we're talking two different scenarios. Sorry bud!

RBB

Established Member
I swear on my life I found a discussion going where Jon Lund Jr was defending his position about how much extra time it took to tune a JLT intake versus others. I cant remember where I read it, but it was a good back and forth between Lund and Jay Tucker of JLT.

Seeing that and watching reviews of the PMAS and how it compares to the JLT, Whipple and Ford Racing intakes (Similar to the Whipple and Ford Racing) is what prompted me to spend the cash and buy the PMAS.

VMP is partnered with Roush Performance. Have to make tunes that wont compromise that relationship (emissions, safety of the tune).
This is true. I don’t know where you saw that, I’ve never seen it discussed publicly, but he personally told me as much last year in a ticket request.

WileyCoyote520

Established Member
OK will do. Any idea where the knock is coming from? Exhaust looks good, no rubbing anywhere. Also the same amount of knock behavior is present whether I put 100 or 91 in with the current 91 tune lol

2000bluegt

OK will do. Any idea where the knock is coming from? Exhaust looks good, no rubbing anywhere. Also the same amount of knock behavior is present whether I put 100 or 91 in with the current 91 tune lol

Hiya. I got another 2011 GT500 here in Arizona too. I have Knock sensor acting up on my datalog too, though I can't hear any pinging (not that I'm an expert at that).
Did you ever find out what the problem was?

PJ

Willie

Established Member
Without knock sensors it's best to have less aggressive tunes for sure.

or

J&S Vampire Individual Cylinder Knock Control System

Beautiful product. Far more advanced circuitry than the factory sensor circuit with the ability to identify the knocking cylinder(s) and retard timing on only those cylinders.

2000bluegt

Check your plugs for detonation

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hi BJ.
I pulled one. Here it is.
IMG_0888.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread