2011 GT500 Mod Thread

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
I wanted to start a thread for 2011 GT500s to see who's doing what & allow us to share info with each other.

My first mod is going to be buying some ForgeStar brushed titanium F14 wheels (20x9 and 20x10.5). Not sure what tire I'm going to go with since I have those sticky summer tires... Hmm...

Here are the ForgeStars:

main.jpg

Maybe a VMP TVS blower next? I hear Justin is the man.

buck24

Established Member
Those wheels look nice, I have a VMP pulley to throw with the Raven HE. Come spring I have to throw on my 20" TF Chicanes with Nitto DR out back that were on my 07. I'm a bit skeptical on how they will effect my handling but they look way to good to keep off the car :)

rdsnk46

Established Member
Those wheels look nice, I have a VMP pulley to throw with the Raven HE. Come spring I have to throw on my 20" TF Chicanes with Nitto DR out back that were on my 07. I'm a bit skeptical on how they will effect my handling but they look way to good to keep off the car :)

Handling I wouldn't worry about as much as the weight of the wheels/tires slowing the car down. The Nitto D/R with the stock gear is not a good combo, hope you up'd to 3:73 or 4:10's.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I wanted to start a thread for 2011 GT500s to see who's doing what & allow us to share info with each other.

My first mod is going to be buying some ForgeStar brushed titanium F14 wheels (20x9 and 20x10.5). Not sure what tire I'm going to go with since I have those sticky summer tires... Hmm...

Here are the ForgeStars:

main.jpg

Maybe a VMP TVS blower next? I hear Justin is the man.
Nice wheel choice! Good luck on you mods, the TVS can be a lethal package when tuned properly!

gr8snkbite

Established Member
Only mods thus far are RevanRacing Rad & HE, L&M TB, and kona blue intake tube & hydrogrpahics interior from JLT....others in the houses waiting to go on...

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
I have vmp stock look 2.59 pulley and jon lund tune. I will install them soon.
Next maybe some Long tube headers.

buck24

Established Member
Handling I wouldn't worry about as much as the weight of the wheels/tires slowing the car down. The Nitto D/R with the stock gear is not a good combo, hope you up'd to 3:73 or 4:10's.

I have the SVTPP with the 3.73s, on my 07 I just had CAI, with pulley and tune and with the stock gears still spun 1st. Basically the TFs are for show because of the added weight

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Will the SVT center cap fit in those? I like the wheels and the width increase. Post pics when they are on.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Wow this will be a great thread. I see people are getting ready to start modding the 11. Can't wait to see what cool things are done. I'll defintely follow this thread. Merry Christmas

rdsnk46

Established Member
I have the SVTPP with the 3.73s, on my 07 I just had CAI, with pulley and tune and with the stock gears still spun 1st. Basically the TFs are for show because of the added weight

They are the best looking wheel!:beer:

buck24

Established Member
No doubt about that, they transform the car :beer:

To those with the VMP pulley did you get new spark plugs installed as well?

Users who are viewing this thread