2011 GT500 EGR Delete

Grigz

Established Member
Currently in the process of installing my VMP Gen 2R and the EGR tube is being an absolute pain. So I'm just about to order a EGR delete kit and be done with it. My only concern is getting the vacuum lines right for the SIP. I looked at a guide (I believe was posted on here but was for a Whipple) but just didn't quite understand how to do it for a VMP blower. If anyone has pictures or can message me I'd forever be grateful.

:oops:

SVT_Mill3R

Established Member
Currently in the process of installing my VMP Gen 2R and the EGR tube is being an absolute pain. So I'm just about to order a EGR delete kit and be done with it. My only concern is getting the vacuum lines right for the SIP. I looked at a guide (I believe was posted on here but was for a Whipple) but just didn't quite understand how to do it for a VMP blower. If anyone has pictures or can message me I'd forever be grateful.

Lethal Performance 96-2014 Mustang EGR Delete Kit

This is one from lethal performance or BPS makes one, just have your tuner(Lee Blankenship) rewrite your start up tune (baseline) for the egr delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sielmo

Established Member

I kept mine because I didn't want to sacrifice any more fuel efficiency. . Bent it to the correct angles needed, then cut an inch off. rewelded and wrapped in header tape... Fits perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

einehund

Established Member
I ended up bolting the egr to the gen 2r while the head unit was still loose, then used the weight to force the egr tube to cooperate.

Grigz

Established Member
This is just what I'm confused about. Some say buy a "F" fitting and plug it into one of the ports on the SIP (but which port) some same to hook it up like normal to the SIP and plug the other ports. If I'm correct, all the other vacuum lines hook up like normal.

sleek98

Established Member
Get the F fitting from Oreilly. that is connected to the side port. Then cap the port under the connector.

image4.jpg

image2.jpg

0.jpg

merkyworks

Established Member
I got a EGR delete plate off eBay that came with a 1/8" tapped NPT port, went this route so I didn't have to worry about reducer fittings. Used a standard T fitting from here and made a new vacuum line for the bypass actuator and for the SIP sensor. I didn't want to hack up the factory vacuum hose set, just in case I ever have to get EGR working again. Disassembled the EGR assembly to isolate the SIP sensor, capped off one vacuum port as shown and then used heat shrink to seal off the electrical connects. Then used a vacuum cap to seal off the large barb fitting coming off the SC.

Un.jpeg

Grigz

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread