2011 GT500 computer?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Had my 2011 since 3 July 2010, 4268 miles so far, no computer issues. In April 2011 I did a blower upgrade that came with a Ford Pro-cal tuner, no issues with the upgrade either.
Have seen posts on some websites stating that there are issues with some flash tuners interfacing with the " Copperhead " pcm. I would expect that a person buying a " canned " tune may have problems with an interface. The larger tune co.'s took a lot of time to figure out the new 2011 pcm. Did this guy say he was having trouble with a flash tuner ?

IA Shelby

Established Member
I really question this tale? I would think lemon law would come into effect or some serious warranty work before taking a $20k hit. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Granted it is not fair my to judge with very few facts but this just flat out does not add up.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I call BS on this for sure.But does sound like a story one would hear at a car show.

sikryd

Established Member
Had my 2011 since 3 July 2010, 4268 miles so far, no computer issues. In April 2011 I did a blower upgrade that came with a Ford Pro-cal tuner, no issues with the upgrade either.
Have seen posts on some websites stating that there are issues with some flash tuners interfacing with the " Copperhead " pcm. I would expect that a person buying a " canned " tune may have problems with an interface. The larger tune co.'s took a lot of time to figure out the new 2011 pcm. Did this guy say he was having trouble with a flash tuner ?

WOW, I bought my 2011 Dec 23rd 2010 and I have 10,000 miles on it as of today. FTW :rockon:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
How would voice recognition lock you out the car where you can't drive it. All it does is help in using voice commands in operating the nav and radio features. Nothing to do with the car running at all

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
I really question this tale? I would think lemon law would come into effect or some serious warranty work before taking a $20k hit. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Granted it is not fair my to judge with very few facts but this just flat out does not add up.

I agree.

How would voice recognition lock you out the car where you can't drive it. All it does is help in using voice commands in operating the nav and radio features. Nothing to do with the car running at all

Totally agree.

Amazing! I would never in my right mind, dump my car for $20K over a PCM issue. Especially, if the car is this model year. shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread