2011 gt

cohhbra

Established Member
From what I can remember they have ten something to one compression and my question is what will people use to significantly increase horsepower? It seems the only way to go will be nitrous and the coyote engine seems like it wouldn't respong all that well to bolt on's because it seems like they've squeezed every last bit of power out of it they can from the factory.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
people will use boost because the engine is perfectly capable of handling it. people will also use bolt ons, because evo has already made 415RWHP over a stock 385RWHP(IIRC) with the basics. the sauce is already being used.

cohhbra

Established Member
How much boost can it take though? It seems with its higher compression it would need race gas.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
You will be able to run enough boost to overwhelm the connecting rods. Detonation will not be the limiting factor on power, internal strength will be.

It will handle 8psi on pump gas with stock compression.

Oh, and it's 11:1 not ten something.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
The early cars (live Evolutions) are gaining 40 HP from the early bolt-ons (375 to 414). Over time, there will no doubt be more unleased.

This "maxed out from the factory" garbage was internet rumor that detractors started. Only time will tell, but it appears this engine may make just as much "bolt-on" power as GM's LS3.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i wouldn't quite say that detractors started it, because i was certainly assuming that this thing wouldn't gain much from bolt ons, lol. it really is amazing how capable this engine is though, i mean it shouldn't have this much left considering its factory HP/l, lol.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
The early cars (live Evolutions) are gaining 40 HP from the early bolt-ons (375 to 414). Over time, there will no doubt be more unleased.

This "maxed out from the factory" garbage was internet rumor that detractors started. Only time will tell, but it appears this engine may make just as much "bolt-on" power as GM's LS3.

Even though i hate to say it. that is not true
the ls3 has the displacment advantage. 5.0 to 6.3

the ls3 will benefit more from bolt ons. in the end.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the coyote has FAR better flowing heads, as well as the twin variable cam timing. while it probably won't erase the displacement advantage altogether, it will certainly help to minimize it.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Even though i hate to say it. that is not true
the ls3 has the displacment advantage. 5.0 to 6.3

the ls3 will benefit more from bolt ons. in the end.

I think not...from ownership. more cubes but old technology. my ls3 did 384 with a tune and a intake- EVO stock 2011 made 385 stock..... then i made 410/409 with LTs intake and tune EVO did over 400rwhp with a drop in KN mid pipe and cat back with no headers:rockon:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
the coyote has FAR better flowing heads, as well as the twin variable cam timing. while it probably won't erase the displacement advantage altogether, it will certainly help to minimize it.

good point

I think not...from ownership. more cubes but old technology. my ls3 did 384 with a tune and a intake- EVO stock 2011 made 385 stock..... then i made 410/409 with LTs intake and tune EVO did over 400rwhp with a drop in KN mid pipe and cat back with no headers:rockon:

good point as well.

seems like most ls3s are in the 370-385 range stock.

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member

Yeah, I felt all alone those days lol. Check my posts from about 6 months ago, you'll see what I mean. ;-)

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
From what I can remember they have ten something to one compression and my question is what will people use to significantly increase horsepower? It seems the only way to go will be nitrous and the coyote engine seems like it wouldn't respong all that well to bolt on's because it seems like they've squeezed every last bit of power out of it they can from the factory.

where have you been? its 11:1. and so far the cars dyno 365-378rwhp stock and bolt ons have yielded 414rwhp. please update your facts. no offense.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
look fellas. if two engines use the same heads with exactly the same compression the larger engine will simply make exactly the same hp at a lower rpm. if the coyote heads outflow the LS-3 heads, and have cams to take advantage, as well as rev high enough, they will make more hp.

everyone was arguing that a 5.4 2v could not make more power than a 4.6 2v, and now suddenly cubes are god. even though the smaller motor has better heads.

bunk22

Established Member
I see most dynoing in the 360s stock

Don't tell many CF LS3 owners that ;-) You would swear all LS3's dyno 390rwhp SAE and run high 11's bone stock, all of em! The new 5.0 dyno's higher and easily achieves more power with simple bolt-ons than the LS2. My C6 made 410rwhp/407rwtq SAE with a cai, Vararam, FAST, 1.85 rockers, full-exhaust (1 3/4" long-tubes & cat-back) and tune.

Last edited:

Arctic '00

Established Member

Was that on a Mustang dyno? 384 w/ intake & tune seems a bit anemic. These are numbers I typically see out of a stock LS3.

'10 SS 373/369
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-D0EngEV0"]YouTube- Lingenfelter 2010 LS3 Camaro SS Chassis Dyno Stock[/nomedia]

'10 SS 383/3xx
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVr8FG_Wwc"]YouTube- 2010 Camaro SS Dyno with Stock Intake System[/nomedia]

Some LS3 stock vettes:

383/376
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-hwohmrmvw"]YouTube- 2008 Stock LS3 Corvette Dyno[/nomedia]

392/376
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXqlwecTi8&NR=1"]YouTube- 08 C6 LS3 BONE STOCK DYNO PULL[/nomedia]

Stock Auto 384/3xx
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7VSNSCxjNU&feature=related"]YouTube- 384WHP 2008 Corvette LS3 Automatic Dyno at Static X Motorsports[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread