2011 gt with boost?

cobra1718

Established Member
im not denying that an auto would be faster than a M6, im strictly talking about the fun factor. as we all know that most people will only see the track a handfull of times. mostly street use. so is it really that fun to be at a stop light and just push the go pedal and get to whatever speed you want to? id much rather bang some gears. it feels much more sporty to me
I agree with you on this one. I thought I would never see the day that Mustang owners would prefer an automatic. Usually the autos are for wives and girlfriends or drag race applications. But to each his own. No hate here.

svt1111

Established Member
I agree with you on this one. I thought I would never see the day that Mustang owners would prefer an automatic. Usually the autos are for wives and girlfriends or drag race applications. But to each his own. No hate here.

Totally agree.

It IS fun to drive though. Banging gears is fun too.

The thing is these cars don't have much low end torque, and the auto trans completely masks that through the converter. With the manual, these motors feel sluggish to me, but then again I only test drove stock ones.

You just have to test drive them each back to back and make your best decision then. I'm only saying the auto is actually fun to drive, contrary to what I thought too!

Graboid

Established Member
im not denying that an auto would be faster than a M6, im strictly talking about the fun factor. as we all know that most people will only see the track a handfull of times. mostly street use. so is it really that fun to be at a stop light and just push the go pedal and get to whatever speed you want to? id much rather bang some gears. it feels much more sporty to me

+1

At the very minimum a hella good paddle shiftable auto....Im talking like Ferrari good. Straight line, auto is the way to go but most of the roads I drive on aren't very straight and I want to make the decision when and what gear to shift into when passing someone. Auto is just to "pratical" for me in a play car....and that is all this is for me. If I had to drive it daily etc etc yeh auto for sure.

jcveron

Established Member
+1

At the very minimum a hella good paddle shiftable auto....Im talking like Ferrari good. Straight line, auto is the way to go but most of the roads I drive on aren't very straight and I want to make the decision when and what gear to shift into when passing someone. Auto is just to "pratical" for me in a play car....and that is all this is for me. If I had to drive it daily etc etc yeh auto for sure.

this :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread