2011 gt with boost?

jcveron

Established Member
I am considering purchasing a black 2011 GT premium M6. I would like to supercharge it. Most likely going with a big whipple. but as you might know from my upcoming terminator stroker e85 wipple 3.4 build i dont do anything small. any suggestions on whether centri or TS or even turbo im open to all suggestions. hoping for very high HP/TQ and 9 second track times with the 6 speed still. thanks guys :beer:

Turbosixx

Established Member
Hellion supposedly just released their turbo kit.

FWIW I'd install what's working for others on M6 cars.

JL-KA

Established Member
You'll get there either way. Turbo and centri are easier on the engine. I'm a sucker for that Twin Screw whine though so the ricer in me would pic TS.

svt1111

Established Member
I just got my car back from a D1SC Procharger install. Car is real fun to drive.

No heat soak, great top end power and it made 553 rwhp on 9 psi with only 13.0 degrees of timing!

Mine is an auto and I since the blower install I cant believe I spent all these years dealing with the hassle of manual transmission shifting woes when dealing with over 500 rwhp. These autos are awesome and I'm hear to say they are FAST seat of the pants! You can't go wrong with the centri-auto combo IMO!

jcveron

Established Member
thanks for all the input and all the opinions but i just feel like if im going to have a sports car it has to be a manual transmission. ive been in the GTR and i dont even like it. its fast as hell but just a little boring. I NEED HELP deciding

svt1111

Established Member
thanks for all the input and all the opinions but i just feel like if im going to have a sports car it has to be a manual transmission. ive been in the GTR and i dont even like it. its fast as hell but just a little boring. I NEED HELP deciding

I'm only adding my 2 cents since you said you NEED HELP deciding, so here goes:

Road course driving, or a nice 425 rwhp bolt on car, then manual is fine.

Drag racing or over 500 rwhp, auto no-contest. Do like I did, drive every manual trans gear ratio option and drive the auto back to back. It's a game changer and I'm like you, I thought it might be boring, but it's a great match for the new 5.0.

Add boost and it's a no-nonsense scenario. Don't have to worry about an expensive clutch, and the gear ratios in the manual are a tricky match to try and optimize for drag racing since 5th is a 1.1 ratio.

I have no regrets with the auto.

wazslow

Established Member
I had a 2011 CA special with a stick. I traded it in on a Kona blue automatic. It was a great decision. Ive driven tons of stick cars and love driving stick. But, this new auto is killer with a tune! I did not like the TR-82 in this car at all. Ive driven tons of T5's, T45's, T56's, TR6060's etc...

svt1111

Established Member
I had a 2011 CA special with a stick. I traded it in on a Kona blue automatic. It was a great decision. Ive driven tons of stick cars and love driving stick. But, this new auto is killer with a tune! I did not like the TR-82 in this car at all. Ive driven tons of T5's, T45's, T56's, TR6060's etc...

I totally concur. I'm a stick guy through and through, but as for all out street/strip car the auto is more fun.

Like I said, N/A the stick is fine, but after having two high horsepower supercharged cars, for a high HP application the auto is best.

svt1111

Established Member
so anyone would rather an auto gt500 if they would make it?

Depends on how much HP you'd want to push it to.

When I had my GT500, with a pulley and tune the stick was great fun,
But with almost 700rwhp if it had an auto it would have been much faster and I think even more fun drive.

jcveron

Established Member
im not denying that an auto would be faster than a M6, im strictly talking about the fun factor. as we all know that most people will only see the track a handfull of times. mostly street use. so is it really that fun to be at a stop light and just push the go pedal and get to whatever speed you want to? id much rather bang some gears. it feels much more sporty to me

Users who are viewing this thread