2011 GT Mustang Street Willow follow American Iron Race car vid

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Took my the GT to Streets Of Willow on Sunday for the first time with Extreme Speed Track Events. 11/25/2012 . It as a good event there was 3 boss 302, 3 2011 Mustang GT, and 2008 GT500.

I haven't been on this track for 4-5 years now. Last time with my 87 Fox Body. I remember the Fox Body was real good here and handle like it was on rails with r comp tires.

I had fun with my 2011 GT. The car wasn't natural on this track compare Big Willow and Laguna Seca where it shined. It took some time and changes to driving it hard on this track. The NT-05 where real slippery in the morning. I don't think there heat cycle out but are harder then when they where new. I have two track day at Laguna with these tires. I keep the traction control on or had it on sport mode at willow. It was good practice because I learn the limits on these tires also what I can do and not do in sport mode. I tryed to spin the car in sport so I wold know where the point no return was it wouldn't allow me spin the car. I could do little drift 1/4 through the turn but half way when i had a lot angle the computer would kick in. If you where smooth the car would allow large four wheel drifts.

Here a video of me follow #54 American Iron 5 time Champion. He was gone in one lap. His lap times where 5 seconds faster 1:24 . I was kind happy with my times 1:29.4 . I couldn't make my goal with 1:27-1:28 these tires. In the same group it was a nice gentleman with a 2013 boss 302 with upgraded suspension springs, sway bars, camber plates, and Hankook RS-3 tires. I couldn't keep up with him. Boss was 1 to 1.5 sec faster then me. Those tire look to grip a lot more. He was able apply gas earlier exiting the turn. On the straight away the cars are the same speed.

2011 Mustang GT & Race Fox Mustang Streets of Willow 11/25/12 - YouTube

Greensix

Established Member
Looks great. What software are you using for video editing and data overlay? For that matter what are you using for data acquisition?

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
It's app on my I phone 4s . I bought a Optrix phone holder with suction cup mount, can be mounted any where like a gopro. The holder has fish eye lens that goes front the phone. The overlap is there Optrix Camera Pro app. Made by Harry's Lap timer. Harry's Pro Lap timer is better because it will show each lap time. Optrix just show the overall time of the video. G force, straight speed, and corner speed is the same. I would recommend the Optrix mount but use Harry's Lap Timer Pro software instead.

Greensix

Established Member
It's app on my I phone 4s . I bought a Optrix phone holder with suction cup mount, can be mounted any where like a gopro. The holder has fish eye lens that goes front the phone. The overlap is there Optrix Camera Pro app. Made by Harry's Lap timer. Harry's Pro Lap timer is better because it will show each lap time. Optrix just show the overall time of the video. G force, straight speed, and corner speed is the same. I would recommend the Optrix mount but use Harry's Lap Timer Pro software instead.

Gotcha. I use my GoPro for video and overlay the data from my Iphone with the Harry's Lap Timer app. I was looking for a good video editing software as the quality in my videos severely reduced with the free version of "Race Render" that I have now.

racebronco2

Established Member
Looks like you were having fun out there. It's been a while since i have seen you. I think that was ryan walton.

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Hi Carlos!

It has been a long time. To long. I'm getting back into the groove and trying to do 1 track event a month. Next event some Boss 302 guy I met and I planing go to is Extreme Speed Track Event's Dec 30 at Streets Of Willow . Depends if the weather is good.

Your right that was Mr Walton. I feel bad I didn't go over to his trailer and talk to him much when I wanted to. Maybe he will be out again testing his car. He my Instructor one weekend at NASA many years ago.

Carlos hope I get to run into you again in the some time near future.

04.5cummins

Established Member
Hi all-

I was out there 11/24/12 for the first time; great fun. We should try to get a group together:beer:.

Users who are viewing this thread