2011 gt a6 running out of fuel with vortech v3 low boost. Fix?

*Predator*

Established Member
So my car has long tubes, full off road exhaust and a ported boss manifold. Just installed a v3 with the stock 3.6 pulley. Have a jms bap but it is NOT HOOKED UP YET. Anyway tuner said it's running out of fuel wot up top. Discovered this during the datalog running it to 7krpm. He said we shouldn't see this issue on 93 even without a bap on 93. My car has 49xxx miles. Should I replace the pump? I don't want to go return style at this time and am on a budget as I'm closing on a house next month. I am running ID1000 Injectors also. Rest of the fuel system is stock.

Shaun@AED

We see weak pumps from time to time. Replace assembly with new OEM unit, drill the outlet nipple for a little more volume and install/relog.

*Predator*

Established Member
Anyone know of a good write up on the best way to modify the fuel pump housing and outlet nipple as stated above? Search button is pulling up notta.

*Predator*

Established Member
We see weak pumps from time to time. Replace assembly with new OEM unit, drill the outlet nipple for a little more volume and install/relog.

I ordered a new fuel pump assembly, sender unit seal, and lock ring. Should be everything needed I assume.

*Predator*

Established Member
Nobody knows of a write up to modify the "fuel pump hat"?? This is my first Mustang. Do you have to drop the tank for pump swap on these cars?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
No need to drop the tank, comes out the top under the seat.

Dont waste your time modifying the pump. Just hook up the bap and be done with it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread