2011 6.7L: 390hp, 735 lb/ft

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
I don't see this being the end of diesel engine in these trucks. More power and torque than ever, better fuel mileage and more reliable, with a better trans. I always hear people talking about how reliable the 7.3 was but how many 7.3's have been replaced because of a dusted engine. 6.0's had their problems but if maintained properly half the problems would be gone. and the 6.4's are making over 1000 lb torque at the wheels with a programmer and exhaust, everything else stock! You couldn't give me a 7.3.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My feelings exactly. Being alot more familiar with Gas engines, these new Diesels intimidate the hell out of me. I think I may go with the 6.2 for this reason. ;-)

That Diesel torque is hard to pass up though :beer:

The diesel is still the king puller, but there's going to be a limit in a pickup truck. The price is what's going to kill the diesel engine. The 6.2 is a sweet engine, but it is not the puller that the V10 is. It's a shame they aren't making a V10 version of the Boss.

I don't see this being the end of diesel engine in these trucks. More power and torque than ever, better fuel mileage and more reliable, with a better trans. I always hear people talking about how reliable the 7.3 was but how many 7.3's have been replaced because of a dusted engine. 6.0's had their problems but if maintained properly half the problems would be gone. and the 6.4's are making over 1000 lb torque at the wheels with a programmer and exhaust, everything else stock! You couldn't give me a 7.3.

The 7.3 is a great engine for what it is, but even with some mods it's not the puller the 6.4 is (largely due to the tranny). I'd much rather have a 6.4 than a 7.3. The complication issue still stands. The newer trucks are going to be a lot more expensive to maintain than the past models.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Just went to class on 6.7L diesel. The urea will have to be filled when the vehicle is serviced it holds 5 gallons. It has a plastic upper intake and a Aluminum lower intake. The EGR cooler is a cartridge stiyle it uses both cooling systems to cool the egr cooler and is mounted on the passenger side valve cover. You dont have to remove the valve covers to remove the injectors like on previous models. the heads are reversed so the exhaust is inboard to the motor. The valve covers act as a part of the intake passages to the heads. It will do 17% less regens, and it will only use the left bank for the regen process. I know im forgetting something.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Just went to class on 6.7L diesel. The urea will have to be filled when the vehicle is serviced it holds 5 gallons. It has a plastic upper intake and a Aluminum lower intake. The EGR cooler is a cartridge stiyle it uses both cooling systems to cool the egr cooler and is mounted on the passenger side valve cover. You dont have to remove the valve covers to remove the injectors like on previous models. the heads are reversed so the exhaust is inboard to the motor. The valve covers act as a part of the intake passages to the heads. It will do 17% less regens, and it will only use the left bank for the regen process. I know im forgetting something.

You left out the eight hole injectors, CP4 pump, and 6 head bolts per cylinder.:beer:

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
You left out the eight hole injectors, CP4 pump, and 6 head bolts per cylinder.:beer:

Also if you replace an injector you have to program it to the PCM, and the entire fuel system and urea system is made by Boush.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
My father has an 11' f-450 KR Dually with the 6.7 and he said it's the best truck he has ever owned and best pulling too. He pulls a 3 stall horse trailer with full living quarters and said it's would pull circles around his f-350 KR with the 6.4...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread