2011-2014 5.0 - Enclosed CAI? Anyone fabricate something or add to a kit?

matt5058

Established Member
I am sure this has been discussed before but I just saw this thread in the S550 forum and wondered if anyone had done something similar via customizing an already existing CAI kit for the 2011-2014 5.0 Stangs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...d-2-3L-EcoBoost-More-Details-and-Availability

It seems that some of the issues people have with the CAI kits available is that they run hotter or the filter gets wet because it's exposed, whereas the stock airbox is pretty well isolated. I haven't seen any kits from the leading companies like this so are there any available? Is there anyway to (somewhat) easily customize say a AirRaid or other big name CAI to enclose the filter and protect it from becoming too hot or getting wet? I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but it would see that having a better flowing CAI with an enclosed box would offer more benefits than the kits that are available.

If this issue has been beaten into the ground, please feel free to post links and let the thread die, lol. :uh oh:

5lho

Established Member
K&N made one but, being priced by K&N and performing like K&N stuff does in real life, it didn't sell well.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
If you want a seal box you'd be best off just buying the Airaid replacement tube and keeping the stock airbox.
^ Agreed! I bought the whole Airaid kit a week before the tube came out. I was a little disappointed as the full kit didn't add much in power anyhow. I did however add a filter condom to keep the water off....does great too!

Sizeth3

Established Member
+1 for the Airraid modular intake tube, very happy with mine.
 10631287_10204886568424363_4709232718181411590_o.jpg

Last edited:

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Being ok with the sound tube, any hp benefit to MIT? Anyone curious enough to have dyno'd one?

50blackout

Established Member
Another vote for Airaid Tube. Hey op try the Airaid tube with AFE dry filter. NO oil, no mess, no dirty MAF. There is a review on American Muscle that states someone got 10hp with the MIT and aftermarket drop in filter. Personally I think its a little far fetched because Airaid would have definately advertised hp gains if there were any. The MIT is a great way to stay CARB legal and keep IAT down.

Users who are viewing this thread