2010 Terminator Shootout - Sarturday, May 29th!!!

TRBO VNM

I wasn't until someone had to go and mention it and jinx the whole thing.

it was showing 40 or 50% rain for yesterday. it wasn't till about 11pm that it started raining. I was outside till about 8pm and it was sunny and hot. this morning it looks like blue skies as well, but yet they are calling again for 40-50%.

I am not worried about it. And at the same time, it is a long weekend unlike last yr when it had been raining all week. Jason Miller was willing to run on sunday if the weather was nice and we wanted to do that.

right now it is like 10% for sunday and sunny. with the race in the morning, people could still race and leave on sunday with most people probably having monday off.

with that said, even if we have some rain in the morning, I don't see it raining for that long and they are great at drying the track. And I looked at some maps this morning and really don't see any larger systems coming across the country.

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I can't stay for Sunday due to family commitments but will be there for Sat. Fingers crossed.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I wasn't until someone had to go and mention it and jinx the whole thing.

it was showing 40 or 50% rain for yesterday. it wasn't till about 11pm that it started raining. I was outside till about 8pm and it was sunny and hot. this morning it looks like blue skies as well, but yet they are calling again for 40-50%.

I am not worried about it. And at the same time, it is a long weekend unlike last yr when it had been raining all week. Jason Miller was willing to run on sunday if the weather was nice and we wanted to do that.

right now it is like 10% for sunday and sunny. with the race in the morning, people could still race and leave on sunday with most people probably having monday off.

with that said, even if we have some rain in the morning, I don't see it raining for that long and they are great at drying the track. And I looked at some maps this morning and really don't see any larger systems coming across the country.

Sorry! Thunderstorms have a tendency to pop out of no where on the radar which is what bothers me. I'll just play it by ear.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Folks, I will be keeping an eye on the weather. And I will be calling MIR around noon to see what our options are.

I will keep everyone informed.

Thanks
Jason

Venimus03

Established Member
I'm keeping my fingers crossed....... I'm planning on driving there and back on the et streets...

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Ready to rumble! Took a few pics last night:

yellowcobradrag5.gif

yellowcobradrag.gif

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Says 28x10.50x15s on the sidewall! ;-) We have the car jacked up in the rear to achieve the instant center and anti-squat values!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
OK boys and girls!

Spoke with Jason Miller

We can try to run tomorrow, show up as planned and they will do their best to run the event.

If we want we can postpone the event until Sunday as of right now the weather looks great for Sunday. But we will have to work in with the test and tune that is happening the same time.

Or we can try and race tomorrow and if we can't get the event done, go back on Sunday and finish.

Let me know what you guys think is best and what do you want to do. I know people are coming from far and wide and I would like to make every attempt to make this event happen.

Feel free to call me if you would rather talk to me on the phone about it. 724-433-1005.

Thanks
Jason

Venimus03

Established Member
Car is ready to go. I'll be waking up around 6 and keeping my fingers crossed!

Thinking about throwing my street tires/dr's, lol, in the car just in case....

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Ok fellas,

We are moving the event to Sunday ... the rain may clear off but for sake of two trips to Southern MD, Sunday it is.

So update:

Get to the gates at 9:30 AM Sunday so we can all pull in and pit together.
We will be running the event with a test and tune session so those who wanted to run test and tune just pay for the test and tune part of the event.

The event will now run later in the day because of the later start. So come prepared.

Sorry for the confusion but we can't all predict mother earth!

See you all at the track on Sunday!

BCP

Established Member
Good call, IMO. Better to sort it out now and go with Sunday, than chance it tomorrow and have people from out of the area waste the trip and not be able to stay for Sunday anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread