2010 Shelby GT500 New Owner!

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Last Friday I purchased a 2010 Shelby GT500 in Grabber Blue with 22,340 one owner miles on it. Wow..I love it! Not my first time owning a S/C Ford as I owned a 2001 Lightning for 9 years.
I've already ordered some mods..Redline Hood Lifter Kit and JLT C/F induction kit...More mods to come. I know everyone likes pics so here are some:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Congrats, the grabber blue looks great. Its a good feeling the first time you get your hands on one of these beasts. Just a heads up since you have a cai from the factory the jlt won't produce much of a power gain until you do a blower swap. Let the modding begin, haha.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats!!! Love the grabber blue. Such and awesome looking car.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks, Jared

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
This car will be for show like the Lightning and the 56 F100 Restomod that I just sold was used for. Therefore, my mod list will mostly be appearance as opposed to performance mods. 540HP is enough for now..of course, I said that about the L as well. :-D
I would like to lower the Shelby an inch or two ..any recommendations? I also want to add some carbon fiber accents..particularly in the engine bay..thus the JLT C/F intake piece I ordered this morning as well as a new K&N.
This was my first time with a manual tranny in 20 years..and it is like riding a bicycle. Within 5 miles I was shifting like I did in my 69 Roadrunner in 1969 and my 70 T/A Challenger I bought new in 1970 (for $5200) ...sure wish I still had that one!:beer:

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This car will be for show like the Lightning and the 56 F100 Restomod that I just sold was used for. Therefore, my mod list will mostly be appearance as opposed to performance mods. 540HP is enough for now..of course, I said that about the L as well. :-D
I would like to lower the Shelby an inch or two ..any recommendations? I also want to add some carbon fiber accents..particularly in the engine bay..thus the JLT C/F intake piece I ordered this morning as well as a new K&N.
This was my time time with a manual tranny in 20 years..and it is like riding a bicycle. Within 5 miles I was shifting like in my 69 Roadrunner in 1969 and my 70 T/A Challenger I bought new in 1970 (for $5200) ...sure wish I still had that one!:beer:

The Eibach Pro-Kit is the most popular spring setup we sell for the 2013 GT500. It gives you a nice drop but still retains a stock like ride quality. We've run the pro-kit springs on our 2010 GT500 before as well as our 2011 5.0L and both cars drove great.

Eibach 2007-2013 Shelby GT500 Pro Kit Lowering Springs - Eibach - Springs - Suspension - 2011-2012 Shelby GT500

If you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Looks great! I agree with the Eibach kit. Looks waaaaay better and the ride quality isn't that bad. Good luck :beer:

iwannacobra5

Established Member
The Eibach Pro-Kit is the most popular spring setup we sell for the 2013 GT500. It gives you a nice drop but still retains a stock like ride quality. We've run the pro-kit springs on our 2010 GT500 before as well as our 2011 5.0L and both cars drove great.

Eibach 2007-2013 Shelby GT500 Pro Kit Lowering Springs - Eibach - Springs - Suspension - 2011-2012 Shelby GT500

If you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

+1 on the pro kit. i put them on my 2010 and they ride like stock. congrats!

Eds01Lightning

Established Member

Thanks, Jared

I assume I will need the cam bolt kit as well, right?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
That's one option, I used J&M C/C plates to correct the front end geometry. I also installed J&M xtreme joint lowers & upper and adjustable pan hard. Steeda pan hard brace, Shelby upper bracket, CHE lower relocation brackets and Eibach rear sway bar. My car handles normal driving better than stock and carves the corners like a rail train. However the best part is the way it launches; it's like a slingshot!

Users who are viewing this thread