2010 Shelby GT500 Engine Mods

Petermarzec

I'm new to the forums and was looking for some guidance. I have a 2010 GT500 Convertible which is stock except for Ford Racing KR Axle Backs and a JLT Intake Tube.

1. I was looking to do some mild upgrades including the Ford Racing Throttle Body (65mm?) and SCT Tune and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on that combo. Did you use a "stock" tune or custom?

2. I was also thinking of going with the smaller pulley and idler (2.6"). If I go with the pulley/idler will I need to adjust anything on the fuel side like the injectors, fuel rails or pump? Any internal upgrades required due to the added boost?

3. I purchased an aluminum driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop. I've seen many people adding safety loops. Is it recommended to go with a front loop, rear loop, or both?

4. The stock brembo brakes feel "mushy" at the pedal. Has anyone upgraded their brake lines to steel braided lines? If so, did it help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

brandonflood123

Established Member
I'm new to the forums and was looking for some guidance. I have a 2010 GT500 Convertible which is stock except for Ford Racing KR Axle Backs and a JLT Intake Tube.

1. I was looking to do some mild upgrades including the Ford Racing Throttle Body (65mm?) and SCT Tune and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on that combo. Did you use a "stock" tune or custom?

2. I was also thinking of going with the smaller pulley and idler (2.6"). If I go with the pulley/idler will I need to adjust anything on the fuel side like the injectors, fuel rails or pump? Any internal upgrades required due to the added boost?

3. I purchased an aluminum driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop. I've seen many people adding safety loops. Is it recommended to go with a front loop, rear loop, or both?

4. The stock brembo brakes feel "mushy" at the pedal. Has anyone upgraded their brake lines to steel braided lines? If so, did it help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

i would recommend custom tunes, and definately the frpp 65mm, for street applications you shouldnt need a saftey loop unless you go to the track often. and you dont need any upgraded internals on the motor, its pretty strong. as for fuel and brakes i dont know. fuel depends on the boost your going to be running and where you wanna take the car.

hope this kinda helps

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
If you swap upper pulleys I would definitely get a custom tune from VMP or Lund Racing. If you just do the 65 mm TB you don't need a tune, just run the car thru the adaptive relearn process. As far as injectors these cars are typically good until you put a larger blower on but for a pulley and TB you'll be fine w/ the stock injectors, if your worried though you can always do some data logging to see if your injectors or pumps are being maxed out.

nxhappy

Established Member
vmp tune, 65mm TB, and smaller pulley...you will see some nice gains !

Users who are viewing this thread